thirty-six

After our conversation about Arzaylea and the way she treated him, I began looking at Luke in a whole new light. No longer was he this asshole who was always out to get me and make my life miserable. I saw the way he smiled and laughed with me, the way that even though some girl broke his heart and crushed his spirits he was able to find a way to recover and function like a human being again. I noticed the hesitation behind his kisses, and the way he seemed unsure of certain things when it came to showing affection when it was just the two of us. Like when he'd stare at me for a moment before he leaned down and kissed my forehead when I was doing homework. Or the way he'd invite me to stay and do my homework in his classroom, and he'd turn on James Taylor and hum softly to the songs while I tried to do my homework but was so easily distracted by him. It didn't take me long to realize that I really liked him and I really wanted to be with him, teacher or not.

Eleanor had been excelling in English alongside me, and made the decision to take the advanced English class her final quarter with me as well and sat next to me during our last period of the day.

As for Alex, I kept him distanced far into the friend zone. I didn't want to be with him anyways, but especially after everything with Luke I didn't want him back. I just wanted Luke, and no one else.

"Hello ladies," Eileen and Blair came and sat down with Eleanor and I in the library one day after class with notebooks in their hands.

"Well hello, Eileen, Blair," I smiled at their enthusiasm. "What's this?"

"The two of us are beginning to plan our graduation party and we were wondering if we came across to you guys as more purple and green kind of people or blue and yellow?"

"Definitely blue and yellow," I said. "El, we need to plan our graduation party soon too."

"I completely forgot about that," Eleanor said. "And I agree, blue and yellow."

"We aren't really purple and green either though," I said. "I think we're more like red and brown."

"Ew," Blair laughed. "You could not pick worse colors to go together could you?"

"Oh shut up," I nudged her and Eleanor laughed.

"I mean, she is gay, she knows best," she shrugged.

"Okay, we'll figure it out later," I said. "What day are you guys planning on? So we don't plan them for the same day."

"We were going to do our the day after we graduate," Eileen said. "That way it's not the day of and everyone from this school always does it 2 days after, so more people are going to show up to ours."

Eleanor and I listened as they both discussed details for their graduation party and laughed at the goofy girls bickering about petty things.

"Are things going well with you and Hemmings?" Eleanor asked me. Now that I'd gotten used to addressing him by his first name, it was weird hearing him addressed by his last name by others.

"Yes, for once," I said and she laughed.

"Have you made things official?" She asked.

"No, but I'm not worried about that right now," I said. "I think what we're doing now is perfectly fine and it'll happen in the right time."

"Whenever it happens I better be the first to know," she said, nudging me.

"You will, don't worry." I packed up the rest of my homework. "Will you walk to dinner with me?"

"I would be honored," she giggled, packing up the rest of her homework as well.

For once, things finally seemed to be coming together.

-

A/N: this sucked ass but hey an update is an update right