twenty-eight

By the time the Valentine's Day dance had finally come around, I had lost my initial excitement that Eleanor's pep talking had given me. It made me excited at the time and finding this gorgeous red dress that looked phenomenal on her was fun, but now that I was sitting at the dance with my chin in my hand slumped against a table I was no longer having fun.

I saw Alex hanging out with his friends, and I was surprised he hadn't moved onto some other hoe by now. I avoided eye contact with him so he wouldn't come and ask me to dance. I also avoided looking at Hemmings at all, who didn't appear to be anywhere in sight anyways. All the couples slow dancing in front of me made me want to gag. I was so tired of romance and the drama that comes with catching feelings for someone. I just wanted to go back to my room and sleep.

"Daisy come on," Eleanor pulled on my arm but I didn't budge. "You can't just sit here and mope all night."

"You're right," I said, getting up and a hopeful smile spread across her face. "I'm going to go sit in our room and mope all night instead. At least in there I can be comfortable and cry while I watch a sappy chick flick."

Eleanor's smile melted and she rolled her eyes. "Daisy come on. This is our last year, don't you want to make the most of it?"

"I'm sorry Eleanor." I sighed. "I just don't have it in me right now."

She frowned and I knew she understood. "Let me walk you back?"

"No, I'm fine." I said. "Go ahead and have fun, don't worry about me. I'm just gonna go back and sleep."

Eleanor gave me a hug and I began trudging back to my room slowly, accenting on how sluggish and done I felt.

As I turned the corner to go down the hallway that led past Hemmings' room and into the dorms, I stopped at a tall blonde figure in front of me.

I stared up at Hemmings himself, but then decided I didn't need this tonight. I stepped to the side to continue walking but his hand caught my arm.

"What?" I snapped, turning back around and facing him.

"Can we talk?" He asked, and I almost wanted to refuse him and tell him that the last time he asked to "talk" he didn't even say shit and that I didn't want to waste my time, but the part of me that was still infatuated with him and those haunting blue eyes let me follow him into his room and into his office.

I sat down in front of his desk, unsure what to say. I looked down at the neatness, how there was nothing but a few pens and a calendar sitting on it, and a stack of papers that I'm assuming he'd finished grading while he was in here. An uncomfortable silence settled over us as he sat down at this desk, folding his hands in front of his face and closing his eyes.

Just as I was about to ask if he was actually going to start talking, he said, "I am so sorry Daisy."

As another silence settled over us I realized he was either going to waste all my time taking forever to get it out or that's all he had to say. My impatience got the best of me and I let out an exasperated sigh.

"That's it?" I gaped. "That's fucking it? You takes weeks to finally say anything at all, and when you finally grow a pair and do, all you say is 'I am so sorry'."

He looked up at me, still not saying anything but looking as though he wanted to.

"I cannot believe I came in here and wasted my time for this," I scoffed, getting up to leave and go back to my room like I'd originally planned.

"No Daisy, I'm not done." He stood and moved in front of the door and looked down at me.

"Well then spit it out," I said, crossing my arms.

"I just cannot stop thinking about you," he said, tangling his fingers in his hair and pulling his glasses off. "It kills me to look at you everyday and know that I hurt you the way I did. I know it was all my fault and I know that I have no one to blame but myself for the way that you walk around keeping quiet now and your friends are worrying about you. I knew you were special from the first day you walked into my class and snapped at me, and the way every day after that, you knew everything about everything I was going to talk about. And fuck do I miss your attitude, and the way you correct me when I'm wrong and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about. I care for you Daisy, and in a way that's way more than a teacher ever should for a student, especially one that's always mouthing off and getting detention."

I couldn't tell if I was shaking because I was angry or because I was shocked that he'd actually said it all to me. "I won't believe it until you prove it."

It was a lie because I knew it was true, but I wanted to know just how much he really meant what he said and I knew it was true when he stepped forward and took my face in his hands and pressed his lips against mine. As angry as I was that he took so long to finally admit these things to me, I couldn't stop myself from kissing him back; I wanted and needed this for too long and I couldn't wait any longer for it.

He backed me into his desk and the back of my thighs hit the top, and he lifted me slightly to put me on top of it while he kissed me. My legs wrapped around his waist and he pushed the stack of graded papers and his pens and calendar onto the floor next to it, laying me back against his desk. Our lips never disconnected as his hands moved to the back zipper of my dress, tossing it onto the floor with the papers.

"Are we really doing this or are you about to shove yourself off of me?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I'm not making that mistake again." His lips attached to my neck and I loosened his tie, pulling it off of him completely and unbuttoning his shirt. I pushed it off his shoulders and he wiggled out of it as my hands went for his pants, a prominent bulge around his crotch. I reconnected my lips with his, desperate for his touch and ran my fingers through his hair, tugging on it while he his lips worked against mine. His pants fell down his knees and he kicked them off, his shoes going with them as he climbed over me in his underwear and socks.

I bit down on his neck as his hips pushed against mine and I whimpered at the sudden contact. "Professor Hemmings, please."

"Just call me Luke," he whispered in my ear as he reached behind my back and unhooked my bra, letting it fall from my shoulders as one of his hands moved up to massage one of my now exposed breasts. My head fell back against the wood of his desk and he hooked his fingers around the waistband of my panties.

"I missed touching you," he said softly, running his hands over my stomach and thighs, the roughness of his hands a stark contrast against my delicate skin. His teeth bit down on my chest and sucked harshly, moans falling from my lips. He moved his hand to gently cover my mouth and stop me from making too much noise as he used his other hand to finally pull my panties off of my legs.

I reached up and pulled his own down, pulling him over me in a desperate attempt to get him to do something sooner. He used his hand to brush over my face, pushing my mess of hair out of it as he leaned down and kissed me again, my fingers digging into his sides as I tried again to pull him closer to me. I'd had enough teasing already.

I lifted my hips but he stopped me, pulling away and I groaned, my first instinct being that he was going to step away from me and tell me that I needed to go back to my room and forget that any of this was even happening. I almost threw a fit and started crying until I realized he was rummaging through his things and then finally stood up and held up a shiny foil packet.

"Not that I was expecting anything to happen... My mom always taught me to carry one with me all the time just in case," he blushed.

"Just get on with it," I huffed impatiently, not interested in his childhood stories at that moment. He wasted no more time in putting the condom on, and then finally laid me back on the desk and kissed me again, then slowly eased himself into me.

-

A/N: I'm so sorry that this is late, I was going to make it up by writing more detailed smut but I'm not good at that and I don't want this story to go private because of too much detail ): I'll try to update again today to make up for it being so late

thank you all so much for all the lovely comments and votes, I never thought this would even become this popular! I love you all xx <3