thirty

A/N: okay guys I'm really really sorry that this is such a late update, I haven't had a chance to write for a few days because I've been so busy please forgive me!

-

I began to realize this relationship that Professor Hemmings and I had after a couple weeks. If I felt like getting some action, I would just mouth off to Hemmings a few times and he would give me detention and then instead of actually making me sit and do my punishment we would fuck around in some sort of way.

Of course, I didn't tell any of the girls about that. The last thing I needed was them knowing about every time I was about to get some dick. So I just kept it on the down low and enjoyed it as it happened and figured I'd tell them eventually but that wasn't the right time and place for it.

As I was sitting in English, I was tapping my pen on my notebook as Hemmings was droning on about something annoying again. The phone rang and it caught my attention, my head perking up to see what it was about.

Hemmings approached the phone and picked it up, holding the receiver up to his ear.

"Hello... Yes, she'll be right down." He hung up after the short phone call ended and looked at me. "Headmistress Morris would like to see you, Miss Williams."

I stood nervously, wondering what she could possibly be wanting me for. Unlike the last time, no one went by making "ooh" noises as I exited the classroom and headed towards her office.

I knocked on the ajar door, and when she glanced up over her glasses and told me to come in, I entered and sat down cautiously.

"Do you know why I called you into my office, Daisy?" she asked.

"No ma'am," I said. Oh god, I hope she doesn't know about Hemmings and I. I will be ruined.

"I just got off the phone with your parents," she explained. "They said they are satisfied now that your grade in English, and they said it's alright for you to drop your tutoring sessions now."

I let out a breath of relief. "Really?!"

She nodded. "Your hard work has really paid off, Daisy."

"Wow, thank you Headmistress," I said, smiling and relieved that I no longer had to waste time after classes doing tutoring sessions.

"You've earned it," she said. "That's all, you can go back to class."

"There's actually something I wanted to ask you about," I said.

"Go on," she nodded.

"I think I want to take the advanced English class for my last quarter," I said. "The material in this class is way too easy for me and I want something that isn't just busy work."

She nodded. "I think I can arrange that."

"Great, thank you!" I smiled and stood from the chair and headed towards the door.

"Have a wonderful day, Miss Williams."

"You too!"

-

I made my way to the dining hall with the girls that night for dinner, talking and laughing. I was beyond happy that I no longer had to go to tutoring sessions and the girls were also excited when I shared that news with them as well.

"Hey Daisy," I stopped when I felt a large hand on my shoulder and turned around to face who it was.

"Hi Alex," I said, gesturing to the girls that I'll catch up.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out and get lunch tomorrow?" he asked.

I hesitated, adjusting my weight between my two feet a couple times and looking towards the dining hall and then back to him. "Like, do you mean that as in you're asking me on a date?"

"No, we're just friends," he smiled.

"Okay," I said hesitantly still. "I'll meet you in the commons at noon?"

He nodded. "That sounds good."

"Okay."

"Okay." We awkwardly stared at each other for a few seconds before I walked away to sit with the girls again at dinner.

-

Meeting up for lunch with Alex wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be. It was much worse.

It seemed like we small talked the entire thing.

"How have you been?" he asked when we first sat down.

"I've been good, how about you?"

"I've been good too."

The extent of pretty much the entire conversation we had was that he got a scholarship for football and he was excited for it, and that I hadn't heard back from my uni applications yet.

I got back to the dorms and Eleanor and I were in the bathroom curling our hair since we had nothing better to do.

"How was lunch with Alex?" she asked.

"Boring." I rolled my eyes.

"Was it that bad?" she twirled one of her long black strands around the curling iron.

"It was all small talk. He asked me how I've been. He asked if I've been seeing anyone else."

"What did you tell him?" she asked.

"I told him good and no," I said. "He would have questioned if I'd said anything about seeing someone else and then I'd be royally fucked."

"Yeah you would," she winked and I rolled my eyes and swatted her arm. "But really though, how are things with you and Hemmings?"

"They haven't really gone anywhere," I lied. "We're both busy."

"I'm sure it will work itself out soon enough," she said.

"Hopefully," I sighed.

-

A/N: okay like I said I'm terribly sorry that this is so late!! I know this is a terrible unworthy excuse but I've been really busy because I met this guy and he's actually paying attention to me and we've been spending time together so I haven't been focused on updating I'm so sorry

there will be an update tomorrow I promise!