forty-nine

"I don't want you to leave until Christmas," I said, sitting on the counter of Luke's kitchen in his apartment while he made us dinner.

"Hey, we're not thinking about that right now," he said, eyeing me twirling my hair with a frown. "Don't give me all that bad energy, it's going to make the alfredo taste bad."

"Okay, okay," I sighed. "I'll hold off until later."

He smirked at me, and I managed to give him a small smile back. "That's more like it. And besides, you know I'm going to call you and Skype as much as I can, and write you letters, and see you on holidays and stuff. You'll hear from me so much you'll start getting sick of me."

"That's unlikely," I rolled my eyes. "I put up with an entire school year of getting on your nerves just fine and look where we are now."

"Well I wasn't praising you and constantly telling you that you're beautiful and all the other sappy things I do now," he said. "It's easier to get tired of that."

"Well if you knew about half the things I think about you when you'd have been tired of me the first week you knew me," I smiled.

He rolled his eyes. "If you don't remember correctly, I WAS tired of you the first week."

I let out a genuinely whole-hearted laugh at his comment, glad that we had come as far as we had. He laughed with me, finishing up the alfredo sauce he was making and dishing our pasta and salad for ourselves.

Luke's dinner was delicious, as it always was, and cuddled up together in bed after a game of chess, which I had beat him at like always.

Laying with him and knowing it was our last night together was hard, my head against his chest, and I couldn't help it even though he had insisted that I not dwell on it so much. I couldn't stop the tears from coming to my eyes.

"Hey come on, don't cry Daisy." He reached over and brushed my tears away, leaning in and kissing me. "We're here together now, that's all that matters."

I nodded, and he leaned in and kissed me again, longer this time, more intention to try to get my mind off of it. I let him, soaking in his embrace and enjoying the time I had with him while it still lasted. He rolled onto his side to continue his kisses, pushing my hair from my face, his hand slowly trailing down to my collar bone, down my chest, resting near my hips and slowly slipping his hand into my panties. I gasped softly into his kiss as he slipped a finger into me.

"One more time tonight for old times sake?" He asked, winking at me. I managed to giggle a little, but was quickly cut off as he added another finger and I moaned softly, rolling over so I was on top and he pulled my shirt over my head.

"I love you so much," I said, leaning down to kiss him again and he moaned softly as I pushed my hips against his. I tugged his shirt over his head, kissing down his chest and down to his sweatpants where I pulled them down his legs and freed his already hard erection. I sucked him into my mouth, earning a gasp as he touched my head gently at first, but then pulled me away and said, "no, I want all of you tonight."

He pulled me back up close to him, flipping us over again so he was over me, pulling my own pajama pants and panties down my legs, kissing my thighs and spreading them apart before leaning down with his tongue and using it against my core. I moaned again, his soft tongue against me doing criminal things to my body like it always does. It wasn't long before I had tugged him back towards me, and he was reaching into his drawer for a condom.

-

I had passed out in Luke's arms that night, sleeping soundly within the comfort of his embrace until I had to wake in the morning and help him pack up the last of his minimal belongings.