ten

A/N: hope your Friday is going well!! <3

By the end of the week, Alex and I had decided that the color we wanted to match at the Autumn Dance was emerald green, and Eleanor and I signed ourselves up to go dress shopping on that upcoming Saturday. My parents mailed me money to get a dress that week, which arrived in a small black envelope on Friday. I recognized my mom's round cursive writing with my name written on it in silver ink, a pen I'd watched her use countless times that never seemed to run out of ink.

As Eleanor and I walked through the mall we'd been escorted to and looked at different dresses, my philosophy teacher, Professor Irwin was our chaperon. He hung out behind us, not really interested in our conversations and was more into conversation with Eleanor's history teacher, Professor Clifford.

"I am just so glad we didn't get stuck with stupid Professor Hemmings," I said as we headed towards the store with all the party dresses. "He'd probably make some stupid sarcastic comment about how lame school dances are just to make himself feel superior to everyone around him, as always."

"Well I'm only glad he didn't chaperon us that way he wouldn't see the dress I'll be wearing the night of the dance," she said, nudging me with her elbow and I quickly turned to make sure Irwin and Clifford didn't hear. Thankfully, they were both too wrapped up in their own conversation to pay any attention to ours.

"Oh stop being so paranoid and loosen up, Daisy," she said. "Have you been spending too much time around Alex?"

"Probably," I said, laughing a little at my silly paranoia. Who cares if they heard anyways? I'm pretty sure they've both had affairs with students at the school too. All the young teachers have.

"So what color are you and Alex looking for?" Eleanor asked as we walked into the store, immediately overwhelmed by the beautiful dresses all around us.

"Emerald green," I informed her. "What color are you looking for?"

"I'm thinking burgundy," she said. "It's such an elegant, autumn color."

"I think you would look great in it," I nodded. She flipped her black hair off her shoulder dramatically, turning to look at dresses lined up perfectly next to us.

After a good fifteen minutes of looking, Eleanor finally found a dress to try on and another five minutes, I found one for me. We both headed to the fitting rooms and tried on the dresses, seeing how they looked on each other.

Eleanor walked out of the stall, looking stunning as ever in her strapless burgundy dress, which was fitted in the top with a sweetheart collar and swept out past her hips, complimenting her small frame perfectly. The deep burgundy was such a stark contrast against her pale skin that it just made her look even more gorgeous, she was literally glowing.

"Eleanor, that dress is perfect. You have to get it," I said. 

"You could say the same for that one!" She said. I looked in the mirror at my own fitted emerald green dress. It had a simply collar of the solid emerald green, but a sheer green layer over the top and up to my neck, covering my cleavage and the rest of the dress laid the same as Eleanor's, except that hers was more silky and mine had the sheer cover on all of it. 

"Then it's settled!" I said excitedly, hurrying back into the dressing room to change into my other clothes.

I browsed around and found a shirt in Alex's size with the same color as my dress and bought that for him since that's all he really needed new. When Eleanor and I were finished, we headed back to the dorms to be met with Eileen and Blair practically pouncing on us to model our dresses for them.

They were hooting and hollering so loud when we came strutting out of the bathroom together, I'm sure the girls in the dorms around us probably thought there was a zoo in our room. Eileen and Blair were going to shop for dresses during the next weekend because all of the professors had been reserved for this first weekend already, despite the large number of girls that didn't go because they were waiting to be asked before they went shopping with their dates to find a dress.

"I can't wait for the dance! It's going to be so much fun!" Eileen practically squealed, bouncing on her bed while holding her teddy bear. 

"But I have really great news to share with you guys!" Blair said. "I already told Eileen while you guys were gone because I couldn't hold back and wait!"

"Well spill it!" Eleanor said, jumping onto Blair's bed with her.

"Okay..." she stopped, building a dramatic pause before Eleanor and I practically screamed at her.

"Okay!" she giggled. "I asked Karen to go to the dance with me and she said yes!"

"Yes! I knew she would!" I yelled, Eleanor and I both tackling Blair into a hug.

"Okay, yeah, yeah, I know you were right," Blair rolled her eyes at me. "But I'm so excited!"

"You should be!" Eleanor said. "But let's go be excited at dinner, because it starts in 10 minutes and I'm hungry!"

There seemed to be an excitement everywhere we walked all weekend. There wasn't a single student in the school that wasn't excited for this dance.

-

A/N: okay so quick thing my favorite people! updates are now going to be on a regular schedule; every Friday!! so all of you who have been patiently waiting for updates I cannot thank you enough for your patience and hopefully this will make up for all the waiting you've had to do!

thank you for the reads, votes and lovely comments on my profile too!!

what are your opinions on Alex and/or Professor Hemmings btw?? just wondering :)

vote/comment/share?? x