||8|| Payback Time

Ragini and Laksh made their way to the ocean. Ragini's hair which was earlier tied in a messy bun, was now hung open, playing to the tunes of the wind, while her warm feet shivered with the chilly ocean waves.

A quick tremble passed through her body as she placed the surfboard on the water and threw her weight on her stomach. She noticed Laksh doing the same things from the tip of her eye, she rolled her eyes with irritation and let out a silent moan.

Both of them paddled to the high ends, waiting for the waves to arise, Ragini grit her teeth and locked her jaw as the cool dawn water spread all over her heated body. Laksh lay there on his surfboard, with a bored expression of the silent awkwardness between them took the better of them both.

"Here it comes," Ragini alerted him, as she noticed a giant wave coming towards them, several rays of sunlight penetrated the ocean while Ragini stood up her board, facing her view towards the beach.

As she expected, Laksh did the same thing, right in time for the wave.

Both of them twisted and turned their surfboards to keep up with the high wind shoving them from backwards and also the rumbling water beneath. Ragini looked a little sideways to see Laksh standing  on the surfboard like a robot, stiffened and erect, like he would topple over if he ever loosened up.

Ragini's mouth hung open wide, "Dude, are you nuts?" came out a sarcastic and amused reply from her mouth.

"Don't disturb me," he let out in a stiff voice, like he had a frog in his throat, preventing the words from escaping.

"This is not an assignment to concentrate, loosen up and chill....surf is to RELAX," she yelled at him, enunciating RELAX as much as she could. Why is acting like a robot out of nowhere?

"Wha...attt" Laksh said as he lost his balance and fell with a thud into the ocean, causing a explosion of water on Ragini. 

Ragini laughed amusingly at his downfall, while Laksh glared at her in extreme anger and embarrassment. He caught of Ragini's ankle and pulled her out of the surfboard too, smacking her body right on top of his.

Her cold wet hair slid all over his face, while her twinkled eyes locked into his. His hand on her upper arm fastened and took all her weight on top of hers to keep both of them steady floating on the water. Her expression was for the first time innocent and black while her body squirmed on top of his, which made Laksh's anger cool down the heat he was throwing at her.

A surfboard hit them both, alerting them of their position. Ragini looked around a bunch of people staring at them from the beach and quickly set herself upright. Due to the sudden loss of pressure and weight, Laksh's body drowned a little, and tossed back up to float.

"Uhmmm....are you okay?" Ragini enquired with much concern filling her eyes, after seeing Laksh clutch his back with his right hand.

"No, my body has pains all over," Laksh whinned in a hurt voice, as he winced while he tried to move through the water.

"From the cold water and tumbling into it?" Ragini muttered in a pretty loud whisper.

"No, from your weight," Laksh answered back with the same hurt voice with a hint of sarcasm

"Ohhh.." Ragini said back calmly, before the words registered properly into her mind after 10 seconds,

"Wait, what?" she burst out like an erupting volcano at him, "Did you just call me fat?"

"Who knows?" he said with a glint of mischief in his eyes and smirk filling his chuckling face.

"I am gonna kill you today for sure," Ragini said as she aimed her surfboard right at his head.