||54|| Sarcasm at its peak

HELLO!

I'm FINALLY back! I'm so sorry for not being able to update or respond to any of you for the past few months but the thing is that I lost someone important in my life and there are a few characters, stories and words that remind me of them as I try to write these stories.

But now that I am back, I will make sure that I update regularly! It will take me some time to figure out the continuation of the story as it has been a while since I last wrote, so hang in there with me!

Anyways, do support the story as you did a few months back because SwaSan and RagLak need your support to get back into shape! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RAGINI'S POV

You see, I am a very short tempered person, I think you got that by now. It doesn't take me long to get angry and trust me, all this matchmaking thing is getting on my nerves. There is nothing I want to do more than throw water on my sister's head for coming up with this idea; shoving pie on Laksh's face for tagging along with my weirdo twin and telling Nita that she could have Laksh because I am absolutely done with all this. Alas, this was International Television with the show being aired in more than ten different countries, so unless I wanted to embarrass myself, I should shut up and get my brain to find out all the things Laksh picked.

Julia strided across the room, placing a bag of coins before everyone as the auction tables were set up. I picked up the bag of coins to see that I had exactly one hundred chocolate gold coins in my bag. She enthusiastically clapped her hands when she was done, halting at the centre and explained the rules, "You all have been given hundred coins, the auction will start with one item at a time. If you think Laksh has picked that item, you have to bid a prize for that. The one with the highest wins, if that is the item that Laksh picked, you will be given all of the coins you bid back while if it isn't you will be given only half the amount of coins back. Play wisely! And let's take a quick commercial break before we begin the game!"

I frowned at the items placed before me before walking over to Swara.

"Are you sure you are the twin I see everyday? Because she should know that I absolutely hate doing all this," I mumbled with irritation as I raised my eyebrow.

"She also has a brain, unlike you, and knows that this is a great plan," Swara swanked with pride, throwing my remark back at my face.

We heard Julia call Swara causing her to rush over to her in an instant. Frustration at peak in my nerves, urged me to go run out from the back exit of the set. Instead, I stormed towards Laksh who was busy setting his hair in the mirror. That jerk! All he had to do was sit there and look good while I had to play games to win him. Honestly, if he got me to do this before we were dating, I would have never ever given in to be in a relationship with him. But it's too late now.

"You looked better when you were confused," I heard a husky voice pull me out of my thoughts as a hand snaked my waist, pulling me into a familiar warmth.

"And you will look even better when I loose and Nita wins," I smacked my elbow into his stomach, nudging him to get out of my way.

"Don't you dare," Laksh threatened, beads of sweat dripping on his forehead and uncertainty written all over.

"Look, I seriously don't want to come on a date with you, so you have three minutes to convince me that I need to win," I crossed my arms, tapping my foot for him to go on with his rant on why I should be doing this.

"I will get you a new racing car," The poor kid was actually trying hard to do this, his eyes yearning for approval while his forehead was wrinkling due to stress. But it wasn't enough.