||24|| I'm up!

SWARA'S POV

I took of my sunglasses as I walked towards my cabin in the building.

"Good morning, ma'am," , "Good morning," was all I could hear when everyone around me stood up as I passed them. I briefly smiled at them and  walked to the general elevator at the back of the building.

I normally use the private elevator near the parking, but today I needed to make sure everything was going fine. I punched in the 44th floor in the elevator and buzz, in matter of a few minutes I was standing outside my cabin.

Gold bless the elevator service. I smiled at my crazy thoughts as I walked into the spacious cabin that was wider than a bedroom. I sighed as I looked at the date, this day of the month again. When will his memories stop haunting me?

"Swara, you have 2 appointments in the afternoon, and you need to see the merger deal project too," my PA, Tina chirped broadly, making me flinch out of my thoughts. (Swara's cabin at the top!)

"Cancel all my appointments, or get Layla to go to them, and send me the merger deal thing," I drawled out with a yawn. She shook her head with disbelief and left the room.

Never, ever come to office when you got 2 hours of sleep in the night. 2 freaking hours, I am tired as hell. Remember how I used to get nightmares about the kidnapping thing when I was 18? Well, now I am 20 and I still get nightmares...about him. As soon as I drift to sleep, memories of USB flash in front of me, pricking the guilt, opening the closed chamber of my heart...why is this happening? After many days, I finally got the courage to ask Tina, my PA cum best friend about this who narrated me the biggest lecture possible on Love.

Love, my foot, if I was in love I would have known and besides it is more the guilt that is haunting me not his good looks, or personality.

"Hmmm..." I spoke on to the phone as I lifted it, not even bothering to see who the call was from.

"Stupid girl, who told you to go to office today? Out of every other day possible, did you have to go to office today itself when we really need you?"

"Dadi, what are you saying?" I enquired with confusion.

"Ragini is moving, come fast, we need you to wake her up," the words came out as a medicine to my broken heart.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed. Happiness flew through my blood like electricity, my face lit like a christmas lights, a wide smile blew across my face.

"What will I ever do with you, come fast or I am going to get her bed to your office," dadi said with pleasure.

"I will be there in 5 minutes," I stated excidelty. Finally, the day has come!!

"Swara, here is the merger deal of the land with Mahes-" Tina started to say but I interrupted her.

"Tina, not now, Ragini is showing movement, ask Layla to finalize it and give me the details some other day,"

"What? She is finally moving?" she exclaimed with joy.

"Yes, do you want to come with me?" I asked as I hunted through my files for my car keys.

"I would love to, but I think after you are gone I need to be here or Layla with put the building on fire," she stated, rolling  her eyes while I let out a nervous chuckle.

Last time I left her incharge, she decided to have a barbeque for lunch and ended up putting the stand on fire. Luckily, the fire station is just down the street or else the whole Kolkata would have been on fire by now. 

"Thanks!" I thanked her, giving her a warm hug, more to cool myself down.

"Tell me what happens and am coming to your house in the evening," she called out from behind as I ran out of the building. Ragini, here I come.