8

August

"How's therapy going?", My mama questioned as I sat Nani down on the ground watchin' her run ta my mama. "It's cool I guess I mean I opened up ta her about Mel and my feelings on the situation at hand but I'm startin' ta warm up to ha", I explained watchin' ha nod ha head with a smile.

"That's good baby I'm happy to see you makin' progress I noticed a change in your attitude also", she smiled sippin' from ha coffee mug. "Yeah I guess you can say that", I mumbled tugging at ma chin hair.

I mean my attitude has did a 360 from the very first time I went to ha, I guess it's just the fact that I'm actually opening up fa a change and lettin' all these built up emotions out. That and maybe I'm startin' to dig ha vibe it's just something about ha that keeps me comin' back no matter how hard I try to fight it. I feel as of its ha realness Neva had I met a woman that's real like ha Otha than Chan and my mama of course. Tuggin' at my chin hair I mentally thank my mama fa givin' me that card I'm in firm belief that Monah is going ta make me a betta person not only fa myself but for my baby also.

"What you thinking about Aug?", mama questioned breaking me out my thoughts. "nothin' whea Chan at I need my hair twisted", I answered pulling at my hair some. "I was wondering what you were going to do with that head of yours all this hair", she laughed running her fingers through it.

"I told ya I was gone let it grow out tha ladies love a nigga with some good long hair", I smile causin' ha to laugh. "Whatever Aug I'm sure they wouldn't want no man with hair longer than theirs", she chuckled handing Nani a cookie as she began to whine.

"Aug she so spoiled it ain't even funny", mama scolded shakin' ha head as I picked Nani off of tha floor. "Stop whinin', I hushed ha as I bounced ha up and down on my leg. Bitin' into tha cookie she snuggled into me makin' me shake my head a bit.

Pullin' out my phone I shot Chan a text so she could come get me and ma baybeh tagether.

To:Chan Chan
Sis I need ya ta come get me and my Baybeh right

From:Chan Chan
You payin' right? 😂👀

To: Chan Chan
Lol You wild wyd tho? 😭

From:Chan Chan
Bye August 😂 you at mama's right?

To:Chan Chan
Yeah

Exitin' out the message thread once she read it I slide my phone back into my pocket turning Nani around standing her up on my lap. "Wassam my lah' baybeh?",  I greeted watchin' her eyes light up. "Hi daddy", she grabbed ma cheeks pokin' ha lips out. "Gimmie kiss love", I poked mines out causin' ha to peck them. Grabbin' ha hands I bounced ha on my lap singin' to ha causin' ha to laugh.

"Aug I don't know why you won't consider singing baybeh you got the voice of an angel", mama complimented makin' me shake ma head. "Nah that's not fa me", I continued to play with Nani as mama shook ha head. "August you have a gift use it to your advantage sooner or later you'll see how far it takes you", she explained heading to the door as somebody knocked on it.

"Whatcha think should daddy sing?", I asked Lian causing her giggle while nodding. "Yes daddy but only to me ", I chuckled nodding. "Only for you baybeh", I kissed ha cheek.

"Aw that's cute", I heard Chan coo before Tuggin' at my hair. "Whatever I want my hair twisted and do what Cha want wit Nani hair", she nodded sitting her purse on the counter. "Your hair clean right?", she asked going through ha purse.

"Yea", I nodded watchin' mama come back in the kitchen. "Uh not in my damn kitchen Chan", she frowned telling us to get out. "Sorry mama", Chan laughed grabbed ha purse telling me to follow her in the living room. Sitting down on the couch with ha bag I placed Nani beside me unlockin' it handin' it ova ta ha listening to Yo Gabba Gabba theme song.