16

Just a heads up I've made another change Malian name is Nani so if you see that name it's her. Time will be sped up in this chapter to get things really started... Sorry for the wait enjoy!

Monah 

Humming to Lauryn Hill I mopped the kitchen floor, I had nothing better to do since it's kind chilly outside to go anyway. It was the beginning of October which meant sweater season and comfortable booties, I love fall for the simple fact that it's not too hot or cold not to mention the turning colors of the leaves. Call me weird but it's just something about the yellowish orange leaves that's so pretty. Not only that but also it's the month of Halloween I love decorating my house and passing out candy to all the little cuties who ring the door bell it just excites me.

Tidying up my home one last time I stumbled across a picture of Nani and I, this was during mid August when I took her to the water park with me, her hair was all over her face as she hugged onto me tightly I missed her. I haven't seen her in a few weeks and it's making me feel some type of way, August haven't been coming to any sessions that I scheduled which makes me think he doesn't need me anymore, it's fine if he don't because I know sooner or later he wouldn't need me but I don't want to end my relationship with Nani. The bond that I have with her is outrageous and I know I shouldn't of gotten so attached but I couldn't help it.

I looked at Nani as my own and as weird as it sounds I feel motherly when she's in my presence but I think that's because I'm very overprotective about her taking that I've been knowing her for 6 months. As for August just up and disappearing on me it confused me a lot I thought we were doing just fine, as much as I hate to say it I really enjoyed his company. I can tell that if I was to actually hang out with him outside of our therapy session it would be something. Knowing that it would never happen I pushed the thought away.

My music was cut short by a incoming message, walking over to my phone I seen it was a text from Mia saying she wanted to go shopping, contemplating on if I wanted to go or not I quickly replied with a ok since I didn't want to be coped up in the house. Slipping into my black Nike runners I fondled with my curls to make them decent, my hair was growing back and I was indecisive about letting it grow longer or cut it again. As of now a curly fro would do plus I'm starting to like it

A horn was honked a few times indicating that Mia was outside, grabbing my things I hurried out the house locking the door in the process. "It's about time I seen your face", Mia teased as I buckled my seat belt chuckling a bit. "Whatever you know during the fall and winter I'm rarely outside", as much as I loved the fall I hated being cold so I stayed in the house unless I needed to go to work. "Mhm hmn I know but any who I have something to tell you", she looked over at me with a hint of nervousness.

Waiting for her to drop her news she gripped the steering wheel tighter causing her knuckles to turn white. "I'm pregnant", she blurted which shocked me. Before I could say anything she shook her head, "No I didn't cheat on Jonica it's hers as well", she answered the question that was going to be thrown at her. "Congratulations you don't seem happy though why is that?", I picked up a unsure vibe from her. "What if we're not ready? We're not even married so who's to say she won't up and leave me with a baby Monah I'm only 23 I still have a life ahead of me I can't raise a baby on my own", she sniffed as tears slowly slid down her cheeks. I furrowed my eyebrows at the fact that she's feeling like her and Jonica won't last when they're practically inseparable.

"Why are you so doubtful did you guys think this through before going on with the procedure ?Mia pull over and talk to me", I reached over to wipe her tears as she pulled to the side of the road, last thing I needed was to be in a car accident from her crying and not focusing. She leaned against the wheel and cried harder breaking my heart, I hate seeing my best friend like this.