39

August

"Aug".

Fiddling with the engagement ring in my hand my eyes stayed glued to the ceiling as I stared at nothing in particular.

"I know ya hea me get up".

Hearing Travis voice fill the dark room I paid it no mind continuing my actions.

"Gah Damn how many bottles of dis shit did you drink?". He kicked around what I'm assuming the Jack Daniel bottles opening up the curtains letting in the beaming sun.

Immediately closing my eyes from the sun I kissed my teeth in annoyance.

"Whatcha want bruh?" I mumbled barely audible.

"I want you to get cha ass up, you been moping 'round hea for 2 weeks I'm starting to worry about you".

"I'm good".

"No ya not you far from good, look I know ya hurt but drinking ya self to death not gone fix dis".

"Ain't shit else ta do".

"It's plenty of things to do bruh and drinking ain't one of them I thought you gave dis shit up!".

"Yeah well things change". Sitting up I reached for the bottle taking it off of the nightstand to drink what's left.

"Gimme dis!" Travis snatched the bottle from out of my hands.

"Look at you! You look fuckin bad instead of turning to da fucking bottle get cha ass up and at least make effort to get ha back".

"You'on think I tried dat! She don't want to have shit to do wit me she made dat shit clear when she said she hated me, she fuckin hate me bruh dis shit eating me up".

Fisting my hair I tugged as my heart ached.

"She blocked me Ion even know whea she laying ha head at".

"I fucked up a good thing". Tears welled up in my eyes making me sniff.

"August".

"All I do is fuck shit up everything I come in contact with crumbles".

"Das not true".

"Yes it is, I broke up our home Travis fa a bitch who played me all along".

"Dis bitch did dis shit outta revenge! She ruined my fuckin family to get even about some shit dat happened when we wasn't together.  I took the fuckin bait thinking she really was gone turn me in fa dat murder and take my daughter wit her, come ta find out she just wanted ta see me hurt.

I hope da bitch happy!".

"You ain't explain dis to Monah?"

"She wasn't tryna hea shit I had to say afta I told her I cheated she hates me bruh so ain't no talkin".