27

Monah

FLASHBACK

Fiddling with my fingers as I sat on the cold medal chair taking in my surrounding I nervously chewed on my bottom lip waiting to be called. I had decided to come to the hospital I needed to know what was wrong with me my period haven't came in nearly two months and my body is very sore. I didn't think too much of it but I know this is a serious matter. Checking my phone to see if Trey had replied to me I sighed out seeing that he have yet to reply, I texted him letting him know what was going on I just wanted him to be here for me in case anything was wrong but I guess he's too busy to come but I'm ok with that he does have a life and it don't revolve around me.

"Monah Hicks"

I looked up to see an elderly black woman with wooden frame glasses standing by the door with a clipboard in her hand. Standing up I quickly made my way over to her giving her a small smile, "That would be me", I lightly chuckled trying to lighten up my mood. She led me to an empty room closing the door behind us instructing me to sit on the bed.

"Hello I am Dr. Anderson I will be assisting you today so what brings you here today?' She grabbed a pen from her pocket waiting for me to respond. "I'm having body pains and my period is late, it's been almost two months since I've had one I'm worried". She nodded jotting down everything down before looking back up at me, "Are you sexually active ma'am?", Blushing I nodded watching her stare at me.

"Do you use protection?"

"Yes" I lied I didn't want her judging me for not, Trey told me that he didn't believe in using condoms he said that they take away the fun and since we're in a relationship there was no purpose of using them he said it was safe since he knew I wasn't sleeping with anyone but him.

"Hmn I'm going to examine you take off your shirt and put this hospital gown on I'll be right back". She left out of the room leaving me by myself, taking off my shirt I slipped on the gown laying back. My anxiety kicked in as I wondered what was wrong with me. Dr Anderson soon returned wheeling a machine inside, "Ok since you've said you haven't had a period and you're experiencing body pains I want to give you a ultrasound to see exactly what's going on", she gave me a knowing look hooking the machine up. I knew what she was hinting towards and I was scared.

"Ok so lift your gown up for me", lifting the gown up to where my stomach was showing she grabbed this blue gel opening it up, "This is going to be a little cold", she informed me. Nodding I shivered a bit as she rubbed it over my body before grabbing beginning to examining the inside of my stomach, "Mhn just as I expected", she says moving the wand around to different areas. "See that?", she turned the screen to where I can see and I furrowed my eyebrows at what appears to be a blob. "What's that?"

"A baby you're pregnant Ms. Hicks". Pregnant?! my mouth instantly went dry as tears clouded my eyes, pregnant I couldn't be it has to be a mistake. "I can't be t-this has to be some sort of mistake", I cried this was the last thing I wanted to do I'm too young to take care of a baby. "Sorry honey this isn't a mistake you're 6 weeks to be exact which is two months". I shook my head crying more. "But I never felt any sickness I thought when you're pregnant you throw up only thing I felt was body pains I don't even have a baby bump". She rubbed my arm shaking her head. "Monah honey everyone body reacts differently to pregnancy with you it was a late period and body pains, not every one show at two months it all depends on your body", she explained.

"Seeing how in distress you are would you like to consider an abortion?'' My head snapped up at the word abortion that's one thing that I was taught by my parents that abortions were not a option, they told Monica and I that if we were every to get pregnant it's a must to have the baby, since we laid down and made the baby we will raise it rather we like it or not, no baby life should be taken away from them because their parents slipped up and can't handle the responsibility. Speaking of my parents they're going to kill me once they find out that I'm pregnant, for one I decided to be "grown" and move in with Trey since they didn't approve of him and now I'm pregnant this would really cause havoc.