13 pt2

Monah Hicks

"I-um", was all I can say completely caught off guard at his question. I mean this is my patient for crying out loud and mixing business with pleasure can have its downfalls if it was to get too far. "It's a friendly date, nothing major", he clarified still staring at me.

"August don't you think it's inappropriate for us to go on this "friendly date" I am your therapist", I stressed shaking my head a bit part of me feels as of its not right. "I see it as two friends going out ta get breakfast nothing wrong with that", he shrugged leaning back. Without thinking I smiled nodding a bit.

"Ok but as two friends", I put emphasis on the friends part listening to him laugh. "Ok das coo", he opened the door for me letting me go out first. Walking past him I heard him mumble something making me look back at him. "What you say?", I raised a eyebrow curiously watching him lift his head up.

"Nothing", he grinned following me out all the way to the parking lot. He walked over to this nice Camero and he unlocked it opening up the door for me, thanking him I got inside he soon got inside himself starting it up pulling out of the parking lot.

It was an awkward silence as he drove to his destination I mean what could we possibly talk about. "Why ya so quiet?", he raised a eyebrow looking over at me as he stopped at a red light. Hunching my shoulders I turned to look out of the window before speaking. "I mean it's not really much to say", I played with my fingers. I guess you can say I got shy on him, this is way different from our session it wasn't about business this time.

He pulled up to OHop and I raised a eyebrow curiously. "OHop"? I questioned causing him to chuckle. "It's Original House of Pancakes Baybeh", he laughed again taking the key out of the ignition getting out. Jogging over to my side he opened the door for me helping me get out, I see that's he's a gentleman.

"Thank you", I smiled as he shook his head. "I'm suppose ta do that no need ta thank me", he opened the door to the small restaurant letting me go first, "welcome to the original house of pancakes would you prefer a booth or table?", a waitress greeted us with a smile. "A booth is fine", August answered. She nodded leading us to an empty booth placing two menus on the table.

"Can I start you guys off with anything?", she questioned looking between us waiting on a answer. "Orange juice would be fine", I smiled looking at August who tugged at his chin hair. "I'a take the same thing", he spoke as she placed menus on the table.

"So tell me about yourself", he started making me laugh a little. "Hmn what could I say to make myself sound interesting", he chuckled as I thought hard. "Well I'm 23, I'm a therapist I've been wanting to be once since the 6th grade, I'm a stay at home type person not really a party person", I finished off. "I'm stuck on the tryna make myself sound interesting part you interesting", he laughed. "Really? I think I'm boring but if you say so", I shrugged sipping my juice.

"I got a question why did you stress helpin' me so much?", he questioned looking at me intensely. "Well to be honest with you I seen that you needed it, I could tell that you were on the verge of reaching your breaking point when you first decided to come in plus it was written over your face so I made it my job to try and get you to really open up and express how you feel I know how it feels to think that no one understands you or your situation that's why I did what I did", and that's the truth I seen that August needed a shoulder to lean on and I was going to be that shoulder no matter what.

"Das real, Neva had I have someone go out they way fa me like that Otha than my brotha you have a good heart Monah I can't thank you enough", I couldn't help but smile. "Aw it's nothing August that's just who I am", he nodded looking at me again. "What?", I mumbled blushing a bit. "Just admirin' how well you pulled off this short hairstyle not too many females can pull it off", he complimented.

"Thanks I wanted to try something new, I'm curious to know why you're single?", I found myself asking shocking myself at that. "Dey can't handle what I'm packin", he said bluntly making me furrow my eyebrows. "What's that suppose to mean?", he chuckled smirking a bit. "You'll find out but anyways honestly I haven't ran into the right female, dey don't meet my standards and plus I'm lookin fa a mother figure for Nani since she'on really have one", he shrugged picking at the menu.

Before I could respond the waitress came back with a notepad and pen. "Ok I'm sorry about that what can I get you guys?", she questioned. "I'll take a corn beef omelet with a stack of pancakes", August ordered closing his menu. She nodded looking towards me. "I'll just take some waffles with strawberries", she jotted everything down before grabbing our menus and walking away.

"Now back to our conversation so what Nani's mom did was bad?", I asked out of curiosity wondering why she isn't present in her life. He nodded sighing out before speaking.

"She fuckin' traded my daughta for some fuckin' drugs I had ta fight some niggas ta get my daughta back, the whole situation is fucked up, make a long story short I was fuckin' ha to live with ha my way of payin rent because my mama kicked me out of tha house I was selling drugs and she ain't like that shit. So I lived with ha fa a few months almost a year, she started stealing my product like I wouldn't notice. When I confronted ha ass about it she denied making ' me feel like I was tripping ' I was already paranoid since my brotha had got killed. So she ended up gettin pregnant I'm thinkin' what tha fuck ima do with a child when I can barely take care of myself, she started sayin how she was gone abort my baby and I flipped out. I made ha keep Nani because I was determined ta take care of ha das my baby. Afta she had ha her drug addiction became worst, she tried ta keep my baby away from me this was afta I left ha crazy ass".

"One day she came and kidnapped ha from my mama house while I was tryna find a job. My baby was gone fa two days come ta find out she gave ha to some random nigga fa drugs. That was the first time I caught a body and last time I seen Amba", he finished off as I sat there in complete silence I mean what do you say to that?

"God August that's terrible so do Nani ask about her mom?", he shook his head as our food was placed in front of us. "She use to but when she turned 5 I explained ta her that ha mom left and she eventually stopped carin' I can tell she wants a mom though that's why she latches on to Chan", he explained cutting his food up.

"Um I know it's only so much I can do and we've only been knowing each other for a few months but I'll be there for her in whatever you guys need you don't only have to come to me about your problems my doors and arms are going to always be opened for you guys no matter what", I genuinely spoke seeing nothing but happiness in his eyes. And I'm sticking to my word ..

I finally finished!! I changed how Monah looks just as well as Nani and her age.

Monah and August date?
Nani's mom?

Leave your thoughts below !