14

August Alsina

"Daddy why you always leave me?", I was greeted by Nani  with ha hand on her hip as I locked tha front door. "Who ya talking to like that?", I furrowed my eyebrows looking down at her as her face turned red. "You never spend time with me daddy always with that woman not me", she frowned as her eyes began to water. Feeling bad I picked her up carrying her to the back room sitting down on tha couch.

"Look at me Nani ", I wiped her tears. "That's daddy therapist I have to see her to talk about my problems so I can feel better", I explained makin' her look at me funny. "Why don't you talk to me or grandma I make you feel better right?", she raised her eyebrows makin' me chuckle. "Yes baby but it's certain things", she nodded fiddling with her fingers. "Ok you still going to spend time with me right?", she looked up at me with hope making me nod.

"Of course you ma baby always will be you come first whatever you want to do we can do it", she smiled brightly squealing. "Yay cause I wanna go swimming, to the movies and go to the spa like Auntie Chan do with my cousins can we do that daddy?", she batted her eyes. "The spa?!", I furrowed my eyebrows as she nodded. "Yeah we got to get our feet rubbed and polished too daddy and nails you said anything", she whined.

"Ay stop whinin and I'm a man Nani  I'm not suppose ta get my toes and nails polished", she pouted crossing her arms before looking down. "I know that's what mommys do but I don't have one daddy", she looked at me sadly making me sigh. I didn't know what to say or do so I tugged at my hair. "How about you go with auntie Chan?", I suggested makin' her shake her head. "She's gone daddy and it's no fun", she frowned again. Thinkin' back ta what Monah said a few weeks ago I decided on textin' her to see if she want to take Malian out for the day since I had somewhere to be.

Waitin' on a response I looked back at Nani to see her poutin'. "Tuck ya lip in and come here", she slowly got up walkin' towards me before climbing on my lap. "Stop bein a crybaby chunk", I kissed ha cheek playfully nibbling on it causing her to laugh loudly. "I'm not daddy", she squealed pushing my lips away. "Yeah ok", I responded just as my phone vibrated a few times.

Smiling at the response I stood up with Malian in my arms stretchin' a bit. "Chunk remember daddy's therapist right?", I questioned making her nod a bit. "Well how about you hang with her today", I suggested makin' her face frown a bit. "Her nice daddy?", she asked makin me chuckle. "Yes she's very nice", I answered as she studied my face expression. "Ok but if her mean I'm not going to be nice", she responded with a small frown. I don't know where this girl gets ha attitude from but she's somethin' else. "Lets go get you dressed chunk", I picked ha up causin' ha to squeal before laughin'.

Monah Hicks

"Girl why you look like you're in a panic", Mia questioned eating another grape out of her bowl. I can't believe I just agreed to watch August daughter for him, I know know nothing about kids what if I'm bad ? Nibbling on my lip nervousness sat in as the thought of seeing him again crossed my mind. After our "date", I haven't talked to him a nearly two weeks. Not only did that set doubt in my mind that he found it to be horrible but he didn't want me to be his therapist any more, for some odd reason I found myself liking his presence and I couldn't understand why.

"Earth to Monah", Mia broke me out of my thoughts as she tossed a grape at me. "Stop throwing food I hear you", I rolled my eyes as I sat up straight. "August texted me and asked me to watch his daughter", she furrowed her eyebrows while sitting her bowl on the table. "Girl what?! Since when have you guys communicated outside of visits, you holding out on information or something?", she eyed me suspiciously making me shake my head.