11

Monah Hicks

Patiently waiting for the bell to ring I tapped on the desk nervously as the kids around me chatted amongst themselves making the last couple of minutes useful taking that they won't see each other for the summer. Summer break was finally here and I couldn't be more excited, don't get me wrong I love school but all the hard work really tires  me out not to mention I need a vacation even if it's just sitting at home being a loner I'm perfectly fine with that.

The bell finally rung causing the students to sprint out of the classroom before our teacher could hand out summer packets. Shaking her head lightly she placed the stack on her desk with a small frown. "Um I'll take a packet", I volunteered grabbing my things causing her to smile.

"You're a hardworking girl aren't you ? Why not enjoy your break?", she questioned handing me a packet as I shrugged. "I don't know I mean I can use the extra work it's nothing really", I smiled watching her laugh before nodding. "I'll see you in a few months Monah, enjoy your break sweetie", she smiled as I nodded thanking her before heading out of the classroom making my way towards my locker.

"It's about time Josh is on his way we have plans you know", Monica frowned as I placed my things inside my bookbag. "Sorry I was getting homework", I explained listening to her kiss her teeth rolling her eyes in the process. "Typical Monah I mean it's summer break what you doing homework for?", she chuckled as I looked at her.

"Sorry Mony I'm saying just relax all you do is stress you're a straight A student you've been working hard all year it's time to relax", she grabbed ahold of my arm as we walked to the main entrance. "I know Monica but I just want to complete high school with no problems so we can get our career into work did you forget?", I mumbled causing her to shake her head.

"No Mony I haven't forgot we're going to be the best therapist there is but what I'm saying is we still have next year which is our last year don't worry everything's going to work out", she insured me as the sun beamed on us. Shielding my eyes with my hand we sat on the stump waiting on Josh.

"So you never told me what happened between you and Trey", she smiled as I blushed chewing on my bottom lip. "What you mean nothing happened he's too old you failed to mention that he's 19 Monica", I frowned. "If I would of told you that you would of chicken out and that's the last thing I need, have fun Mony you need to experience the whole talking to a boy, dating, kissing and even s-", I covered her mouth before she could finish feeling embarrassed.

"Stop it no I don't well at least not with a grown man Monica I haven't talked to him since that night and I don't plan to he's too old", I protested fiddling with my fingers. I mean he's cute and all even though I did agree to be his 'friend' he's 3 years older than me not to mention way more experienced in everything I'm still pure and I plan on keeping it that way.

Plus my parents would kill me if they found out I was talking to an older guy unlike Monica I'm actually afraid of them and I obey them. Watching as Josh's truck pulled up Monica hopped down with a big smile on her face fixing her Apple Bottom jeans making sure they looked right. Prancing over to the truck happily she opened the door climbing in reaching over to give him a kiss.

She closed the door before turning around motioning me to the car. Slowly walking over Josh gave a simple head nod, waving at him Monica looked at me. "You're coming?", she questioned buckling up her seat belt. "Um nah I'll walk I need to clear my mind anyway", I answered watching Josh's hand caress her thigh.

Honestly I don't think Josh is good enough for my sister it's like he uses her in a way and he gives off a weird vibe. She sighed before nodding. "Tell mom and dad I'll be home later I'm at Tamara's house", she winked. Watching Josh smirk I scuffed exchanging love you's with her walking away from the car.

Adjusting my straps on my bag I began my trail towards our house just thinking over things. Sometimes I wish that I was brave like Monica not to mention bold like her as well. She's so outspoken and here I am the wimp who won't even hold a conversation with nobody let along hold up for myself. It's embarrassing and I hate myself for it, it's like my sister has to come to my rescue. I often find myself crying about it.

And not only that but the whole boy situation, she can have a full blown conversation with them while me on the other hand can't even say hi without humiliating myself. I'm trying to take her advice and loosing up but it's hard, it's not in my character to do so.

"Aye lil ma", I heard a familiar voice call out making my head snap up to see Trey leaning against a car with a group of guys smirking. My hands began to become sweaty as my heart raced, the Stares I received from them made me uncomfortable.

He said something to the guys before jogging over to me with a smile on his face. "Wassup", he greeted biting down on his lip while looking me up and down. "H-Hi", I stuttered blushing in embarrassment. "Still nervous I see so why haven't you hit a nigga up yet I thought you was suppose to be my friend, I haven't heard from you since our little sitting and that was damn near 2 weeks ago", he gave off a small pout making me feel bad in a way.

"I've been busy with school work", I lied biting my lip. "You lying to me Monah?", he raised a eyebrow looking down on me. "N-No", I looked away but that only lasted so long because he turned my face towards him leaning closer. "Yes you are, you know you a bad liar right?", he whispered.

Feeling a weird sensation shoot through my body I didn't know what to say I mean how could I and he's so close. "I'm making you nervous?", amusement washed over his face while mines on the other hand was heating up. Nodding breaking eye contact with him he laughed pushing my hair back some.

"Don't be so shy around me but let me take you to go eat somewhere so we can talk", he suggested brushing his waves. "Um I don't think that's a good idea I really have to get home my par-", he cut me off shaking his head.

"Nah no excuses it's ya summer break I'm sure ya parents not gone trip about you hanging out for a while plus you can say you was with Monica because I'm sure she's getting you to cover up for her while she's with Josh", he said staring at me once again.

Lying to my parents is one thing but lying to them about my whereabouts is a whole different story. I'll feel bad for lying to them, looking at Trey again watching him wipe sweat off his forehead with his shirt I sighed rocking side to side for a moment.

"Fine", I agreed. He smiled grabbing ahold of my hand leading me to I'm guessing his car opening up the door for me. I got inside placing my bag on my lap listening to the door close. Fishing for my phone I shot my mom a quick text telling her that Monica and I where going over Tamara''s house for a while. I can't believe I'm doing this.

He soon got inside starting up the car, the A.C blew. Sighing lowly enjoying the air while buckling up my seat belt Trey smiled. "You tense relax Lil ma it's a friendly date", he rubbed my hand bringing back that weird feeling back.

What am I about to get myself into?...

Excuse any typos