31. Chasing the Clouds Away

Dedicated to Nialler201 cus she's ABSOLUTELY adorable and excited for the sequel which is just amazing - thank you so much!!!! xx 

MOLLY’s POV

It was snowing in the streets of London. Huge soft snowflakes glided from the sky and slowly covered every plane surface leaving London disguised in a thick white carpet.

I exhaled in the cold night air and my breath became visible. I remembered how I as little would pretend I was a dragon emitting fire and melting the snowflakes, I smiled at the memory, as I continued through the darkness.

It was December and everywhere Christmas decorations were reminding bypassers that it was merely two weeks till Christmas Eve. As I walked down Oxford Street I gazed at all the beautiful christmas lights, people smiling as they headed home after having gone shopping for presents.

 I tucked my nose deeper into my scarf and shuttered from the cold. I picked up my speed and held the little shopping bag with the gift box tightly.

 It had been a week since we had arrived back from New York - and things hadn’t really improved, they had changed for the worse actually. Since no one had responded to the rumors and all the hate directed towards me, things were still out of hand. Even wilder hypotheses had surfaced and it seemed everyone had come to the conclusion that this was definitely and entirely my fault.

 Honestly I imagined this was because they all loved the boys so much - and I was just one lucky girl who had gotten the chance to get to know them. They were positively jealous of me getting the chance - so it made sense, that they would blame me. And I perfectly understood their anger towards me - there were so many way more beautiful, clever and sweet girls out there who would do anything in order to meet the guys. Instead it had been me - I hadn't even known the band for crying out loud! I hadn't deserved having Niall Horan fancying me - bringing me to New York. I was no one - a messed up girl who had no idea what to do with her life!

The boys had continued as if nothing had happened; doing their interviews, photoshoots, signings. Having released their album two weeks ago they had tons of stuff to do. So that was the plan so far - it had been Niall’s suggestion. To see if things could just cool off on their own.

Even though I knew Niall wanted to be with me - make sure I wasn’t sad or alone, I had asked him to concentrate on the band. I was going to make it. I had before. And it wasn’t like people had attacked me - it had merely been over Twitter and other social websites. I guess having all these emotions spinning around inside me had given me a new desire to paint - I had to get all of these tangled emotions out somehow. I had spent merely every daylight hour the last week in my studio - I only came out when it was dark, which - because of the season - would happen very early on the day. I couldn’t help wondering if maybe I would have been exposed to some nasty fan experiences, if I spent more time outside.

But today I had done a little Christmas shopping and was supposed to head out to Pete and Lissie to look after them for the next two days.

Sitting in the tube pressed in between several londoners returning home from their Christmas shopping, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Managing to get a hold of it even though the space was terribly crowded, I scanned the little screen of my phone.

IrishGuardianAngel:

Hi love. Thinking off you.xx Got a surprise for you! :) See u soon.