14. The Snowflakes in Her Hair

Chapter 13. The Snowflakes in Her Hair. 

NIALL’s POV

Breathing heavily as I locked myself in, I kept wondering about what had happened to Molly. Earlier in the afternoon, as Liam had told us of his grand idea, we had all been eager to share the news with her. But it had been impossible to get in contact with that girl. The signing had seemed never ending, with Molly not responding! In the end Harry had called Sophie, who helped Harry and me to get into Molly’s art studio. Hey – no judging. This opportunity was too good to miss, and if it was going to work, we had to act fast. We had met up with the rest of the lads and management, presenting the idea to them.

Liam had tried convincing them in the morning, abruptly they had declined his idea though. That had caused him to be all grumpy as we had met at Zayn’s place. Liam Payne. That boy was a clever one, with the help from all of us – and Sophie adding extra information, we  eventually convinced management to go with the idea. It had been great. All we needed was Molly accepting the offer. I even got the papers for her to sign!

Turning on the lights, I quickly tidied up the room by removing old clothes and pizza trays. It was going to be the first time, for Molly to see my place, which caused me to have this weird feeling inside of me. I felt kind of excited, since I was going to see her soon – and it was going to be only the two of us – besides I badly wanted to tell her about the deal, we had made with management. But at the same time I felt worried to my very core. Who had visited her? And why?

After having cleaned up everything – just to keep myself busy, I just waited. Basically I could not wait for her to ring the doorbell and be in my arms, this had me walking anxiously back and forth in my living room.

Twenty minutes ago she had texted me telling that she was at her grandparents. Apparentely a friend of hers was giving her a lift to town. This meant she was on her way and expected to be here in half an hour. Ten minutes till she would be here then. Could time please speed up already?

MOLLY’s POV 

I could not make myself calm down. It just seemed impossible, even with Noam sitting at my side telling me things were going to be fine. Outside the car it was dark and extremely cold, the temperature had dropped to minus degrees by now. All I wanted was to be with Niall. To have him holding me in his arms, nothing else. Probably it was very selfish of me, I would have to tell everything to Niall. Maybe this was a good thing though, I thought sarcastically to myself. Then he got the chance to back out of this 'thing' we had, before it was to late. I was being selfish, this was not an issue, which should trouble Niall as well, but I just could not hold it from him. Not in this state anyway. And I needed Niall. I really just needed him right now.

Noam was driving fast through the empty roads of London, his GPS telling us the way to Niall’s address. At least I was not shaking anymore and the tears had stopped falling. Why had he come? That … that. Urg. By now the anger had disappeared and I was left back in this state of despair, filled up to the top with all the memories, which the sight of his face, his voice, his movements had brought with him.

I pulled my jacket tighter around me, as it would protect me from the cold outside. Maybe my hoodie could hide me from the memories and keep me safe for now.