4. The Second 'First Meeting'

(Dedicated to Nazzie22 - this one is for you dear! Hope you'll like it ;Dx)

4. Chapter – The Second 'First Meeting'

NIALL’s POV

I had just waved goodbye to Molly and was running through the rain – only a couple of blocks left. My phone was vibrating. I found shelter and checked the display; it was Zayn, I answered it.

“Nialler, vaas happening? Where are you man? Simon is going crazy – the meeting started ten minutes ago! He said you never answered his messages or calls…?”

“Oy, hey Zayn. Yeah – I’m on my way. I’d just turned off my phone – no need to worry. Tell Simon I’ll be there in five,”

“Yeah, kay bro. But …why’d you turn off your phone anyway?”

“Ehm… I’ll tell you later. Hey … Zayn? Could you grab me a towel – it’s lashing rain out here! I feel like I’m in a shower or somethin’,” 

“Haha – yeah, sure man. See ya soon!”

“Yea, bye,”

I shoved my iPhone into my inner pocket and ran out in the rain.

I had made it to the hotel were Simon (Cowell) was holding his urgent meeting. I wondered what he wanted to tell us. He never broke a promise – and he had promised us we were off till Wednesday. Something serious must be up.

Before I knocked on the door to the meeting room I shook my head like a dog - to get some of the water out. I was still literally dripping, as Zayn’s widely grinning face greeted me in the doorway.

Soon after Louis’ face appeared as well – followed by a flash from his iPhone. “Well this one is going on twitter!” He announced joyfully. He was about to pull me into a hug but changed his mind – maybe because of the fact that I was soaked - and he ended up patting my head instead.

“IS IT MY ALL TIME FAVORITE IRISH GUARDIAN BUDDHA I SEE STANDING THERE ALL SOAKED? Yes – I have been wanting to say that first part, ever since your guardian angel tweet,” Harry yelled dramatically as he emerged in the doorway followed by Liam.

 It was the first time since our Up all night tour I saw them.

I grinned as Liam defied my wet clothes and pulled me in for a bear hug. Zayn threw the towel over my head and I speedily dried my hair, as Simon appeared as the last in the hallway.

“Hey Niall, keep your phone open –got it? I have to be able to get in touch with all of you 24/7. Anyway – come in,” Simon told me with a strict tone. I nodded.  Okay then business before pleasure.

We all followed him reluctantly into the meeting room.

There were bags and suitcases everywhere – Zayn and Harry must have gone directly from the airport. I sat down next to Louis, who was grabbing an orreo from a package at the table. There were snacks all over the place – apparently Harry had felt the need to buy (a couple of tons of) snacks at the airport in order to survive his flight back to London. He had been on a small holiday in Europe with the family. I too leaned in and snatched a bag of crisps.