1. The Irish Guardian Angel

1. Chapter - The Irish Guardian Angel

Beep, beep, beep.

"Oh fuck!" I rolled off the couch with the blanket strapped around my waist and legs.

"Oh no, no, no. Please just...BLOODY FUCK!" I ripped off the blanket and sprang up from the floor after I had fallen off the bed, murmuring, "Fuck, fuck, fuck."

"This is so not happening! Sophie...Sophie wake up!" On the other end of the couch, Sophie was rolled up in several blankets. Her face was hidden but her messy, dark, shiny hair was everywhere. "Leave me alone. I'm enjoying my ehm...extended summer holiday. Just leave..." she mumbled from underneath the thick blanket. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Extended holiday, ha!

What was next? Oh yeah, right. I was late for work. Bathroom. I hurried out and splashed some water on my face, hoping for a refreshing, awakening effect. I tried brushing my tangled hair, but eventually gave up and ended up with a messy bun.

With the toothbrush in my mouth, I ran back into the kitchen and grabbed my bag. I yanked out my Levi's overalls and a white oversized shirt with a black print. While somehow trying to both brush my teeth AND take off my oversized night t-shirt, I hurried back to the bathroom and got dressed within minutes.

I had to make it. Okay, I stopped up before the door. I had my keys and iPhone in hand, bag, shopping bags, canvas for the painting, scarf - yes I had everything.

I had just opened the door when Sophie's sleepy, pleading voice broke the silence that had once engulfed the room.

"Will you buy me a chocolate chip cookie? Please, please, please, please, please with a cherry on top? You are going to Starbucks anyway, sweet, beautiful Molly. My dearest and best friend - please?"

"I thought you were enjoying your holiday by sleeping?" I let out a laugh by her sudden cookie-enthusiasm and promised her to trace down the very best cookie in town for her to have.

I checked the clock on my iPhone as I plugged in the earphones and pressed play.

It was 5:45AM - I had 15 minutes left. "Shit," I muttered under my breath as I ran down onto the streets of London.

NIALL's POV

Damn - how was it possible for someone to make SO much noise while sleeping? Seriously. I rolled over once again on the couch and pressed the pillow down over my ears. James' snoring was insanely loud - but then again, he was a huge guy.

"Ugh," I muttered, frustrated. The lads and I had just returned from the US tour the night before. Zayn and Harry had gone straight to their families after we landed. Louis and Liam were visiting their girlfriends, which meant that I was left alone on my security guy, James', couch. You might ask why I did not just head straight to my own apartment.

Well, there were simply too many fans outside my apartment the previous night for me to get in - or at least to try! We had gotten in pretty late and the trip had been extremely long and exhausting. So I crashed at James', as he lived nearby. Tomorrow - or today, what time was it anyway? - I would return to my apartment and give them a proper arrival, I thought to myself.

I searched under the blankets for my phone. It was 5:32 AM, Jesus Christ. I had been awake for an hour by then! That meant I only slept...for four hours? I rolled over again, moaning. I sighed and eventually got up. I wrapped the blanket around me and stumbled through the dark room towards what I imagined would be my suitcase.

Searching with the assistance of my cellphone's flashlight, I found a blue hoodie, a pair of jeans and a beige muffler. The previous night at Heathrow airport, it was as cold as ice, but then again it was October - what could I have expected from the weather of London?