16. Liam's Idea

Dedicated to MLC101 - cus she's really sweet and loves the story apparently! :D Thanks for reading sweetie :)x

 Chapter 15 – Liam’s idea 

NIALL’s POV

I had forgotten all about it – with this sudden realization of Molly’s life story I had not given it a single thought. Unfairness. That was the word – it was deeply unfair, that anything like that could even happen to a girl like her. Apparently her grandfather had once again paid the price to keep her father away from the kids. But it was an evil ring, which could not easily be broken.

“He is blackmailing you Molly,” her eyes had grown bigger as the truth of my words had hit her the night before.

It was so unfair, that even though she had worked her freaking butt of to get the money for her dream education she could not make it. Unfair. She would not accept help from her grandparents – especially after they had helped her out with her father. But this idea could most certainly help her, at least out of her financial troubles. She could get her career, as the amazing artist she was, started. She could go to Paris! To Paris - that would mean away from me. This broke my heart, but I could not stand in her way of her wish. I was definitely not going to be the one to deny her the opportunity of living out her dream. I mean – what had I exected, that she would give up everything for me? She was a bright and talented girl, who would get her own sparkling career of that I was sure. I just had to enjoy the time we had.

Putting myself together I smiled at her. She was still wearing my t-shirt and still had that sleepy-morning-look; she was looking curiously at me, as she stood with one of my shirts in her hands, which she had been folding.

“So Liam got this idea right? You see, he was thinking that the painting of our concert you made was freaking incredible! And it truly is - the way you captured the atmosphere – and he thought it was really worth sharing with all of our fans. But he thought it had to be special you know? So the painting really was linked to us and that’s when it hit him. Our upcoming album! So he called management to hear if there was anyway we could change the art work cover. Unfortunately we already released the art cover for our album – so they would not change it.”

Molly beamed at me, she looked extremely humbled and overwhelmed escaping my gaze and smiling at the floor. “You really thought the painting was that good? Wow. Thanks, just wow. I can’t believe you would do that for me. It’s okay it did not work out – it’s the idea that counts. Really, I can’t tell you how much it means,”

I grinned at her words; she was such a lovely person, so grateful. I was just about to burst from happiness of what I was about to tell her and continued,”…but then under the signing yesterday Zayn got this idea all of a sudden. It was kind of funny; Zayn had been so focused on how to solve the problem, that he actually started yelling as it hit him. He scared the shit out of the girls, who were waiting for autographs. You see our special edition CD doesn’t have a cover yet. So we got hold of Sophie yesterday, who helped us get your painting from your studio. You know so we could show it to management! And they liked it. Well absolutely loved it actually! And they thought it would be brilliant to use for the special edition CD, Molly! So I got the contract right here and…” She was laughing from happiness and was covering her mouth with her hand, her eyes sparkling like diamonds, tears of happiness were filling up her eyes.