12. She is on Fire. Unknowingly Igniting the World around Her

12. Chapter - She is on Fire. Unknowingly Igniting the World around Her

//dedicated to @Arcadeamusement, because she is such a lovely person! Her comments always lightens up my day ^^ she made a interview with me :O in 'Succes, Fame and...Cookies. //

MOLLY's POV

It was the sweet tune of my alarm, which woke me that morning. The sweet tune of hell yes.

We had decided to just crash at my art studio instead of going all the way home last night.

As there were no curtains here, I blinked like crazy because of the shiny morning light. It was absolutely freezing; I shuttered and pulled the duvet closer around me not wanting to get up just yet.

Sophie was lying beside me at the sofa bed. Only a tip of her hair was visible, other than that it looked like a big living and breathing duvet mountain was lying besides me.

My nose was all cold and I stuck my head under the duvet as well, hiding from the cold and the world outside.

As my brain slowly got more focused, the episode from last night hit me.

Niall Horan had kissed me.

I was pretty sure it had not been a dream, as I looked out from my duvet and could spot the big mess of the dishwashing. No it was real. One Direction had spent last night here, eating Chinese take away with Sophie and me.

And Niall had kissed me.

As the butterflies decided it was time to start a freaking dance club inside my stomach, I rolled over giggling and felt how the blush started to spread in my cheeks.

I could not lie down anymore. I jumped up from the bed and... immediately regretted it. This place was so god damn cold! I jumped back on the bed, the second my feet had touched the freezing floor. Urg.

See this was why I could not live at my studio - as mentioned before, the walls here were literally thin as paper.

Still standing on the bed, I stretched and reached for my socks, which were lying at one of the kitchen chairs.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was kind of hyper at the moment, so after having dressed in some warmer clothes (and some thick woolen socks), I started on the dishwashing. It kind of seemed like mission impossible to even find the kitchen table at the beginning... How Sophie and Liam had managed to make such a mess, when all they had to do was boil some damn rice, still remained a mystery to me.

I had turned on some chill tunes, which were playing quietly. I did not want to wake up Sophie just yet; she was always so adorable when she was sleeping, all quiet and peaceful.

"She got her head in her clouds and she is not backing down," I sang and grabbed yet another plate, "This girl is on fire, this girl is on fire..."

It was Alicia Keys' song 'girl on fire', that was playing at the moment. (song in sidebar)

I spun around with the dish brush in my hand using it as a mic; "Nobody knows that she's a lonely girl. And it's a lonely world. But she gon' let it burn, baby, burn, baby," I stopped after taking in, what I had just sung.

I did not really know what had set of the reaction, but all kind of thoughts concerning Niall and me crossed my head as I had sung those words out loud. She's a lonely girl, but she gonna let it burn.

Maybe I was too panic-struck? How much could it hurt being with Niall, since I really liked him, I loved being with him! My heart always felt like it swelled to the double, when he was around. He always got me smiling and laughing. And Niall apparently liked me too, even though I had no idea why... But he must have, why else would he have kissed me, right?