5. With a Little Help from My Friends

5. Chapter – With a Little Help from My Friends

MOLLY’s POV

“MOLLY! Tell me what’s up with that date – NO ONE is going on a date that early in the morning!” Sophie shouted from the other side of the door  to my studio.

I laughed to myself – she had never really been the brightest of the bunch in the early hours. But when she had had her time to wake up she was a math genius beyond compare and (to my joy) an awesome cook.

I opened the door and let her in. I was still acting like a zombie, because I was so deep in thoughts.

“So missy – you got some explaining to do and…” she trailed off as she saw my expression. “Hey Molly baby – what’s up? What happened? Who died?” she asked me and gave me a hug. 

------------------------- 

“So that’s basically the story… And it's just crazy … and he is a superstar … and … and,” I just quit talking. Sophie was sitting next to me at the kitchen island with her mouth open and looked at me with big eyes. I had spend the last hour informing her about my ‘date’ – oh well – defintely not date. More like… more like. I had absolutely no idea what to call it. Meeting just sounded lame. My meeting with Niall Horan baah.

This was just so strange! I had showed her some of the youtube videos and the skype messages.

“Hmm – I have seen one of their concerts. I went with my little cousin; she’s like fourteen!” Sophie babbled out suddenly. My head shot up and I looked at her.

“You have been to one of their concerts…?” I asked her in a surprised tone.

“Yeah – man do they have energy when performing. They are like a bunch of singing bunnies on a mix of coke and speed, I tell you. Have you seen the one named Zayn? He is absolutely gorgeous – well they all are, but his eyes – woah,” Sophie had a dreamy expression on her face.

I smiled – boy fixated as always. But what had Niall intended with wanting me to have his number and sending me his music? Did he really want to get to know me – or… or? But why should he want to have me as his friend? I was nobody. I had nothing. I was not even extremely pretty like Sophie or insanely smart. I was just the girl who could draw and was lost in thoughts and literature. But I did not mind that – after all that was who I was and I would not be anybody else. But I could not see, why others like Niall would find that interesting. 

I looked absent-minded at the heavily falling rain as it was hitting the window. Maybe he had pitied me? It probably shinned out of me that; I was a mess, my life was a mess.

“Oh my – have you seen this? They are even writing stories about them. Like fan-fiction,” Sophie started giggling. “Niall and Sara walked down the beach hand in hand. They looked at the sunset and Niall leaned in and let his lips…” She read out loud from my macbook and started laughing. “This is awesome!” She beamed at me.

Pling.

The well-known sound of a new skype message reached my ears. We both froze and stared at the computer.

I blushed as I remembered the last message I had sent him. The one were I thought he was kidding around sending those one direction videos…

From NiallNando’s:

Hey Molly,

I did survive the flood, thank you. :) 

So I guess you have figured out who I am by now and I’m sorry I didn’t tell ya before. Can you forgive me? Basically I just wanted to let you know that I would love to get to know you better - which is why I have attached two tickets to a.. ehm our concert this Friday, it’s held here in London.

Please don’t feel forced to come. Of course I will not contact you any further, if you don’t wish me to.

 Niall Horan.

The text seemed so wrong. I had not known Niall for long – that would be a shame to say. But I could easily see this was not his normal joyfully self that was reflected in this messages, it was way to formal.

He wanted to get to know me-? But why?

And did I want him in my life? Knowing him would encompass paparazzi, people recognizing you in the street, having more people knowing your name than you knew of… being mentioned in a freaking fan fiction right!?

I leaned my head in my hands and closed my eyes. I listened to the constant pounding of the rain and Sophie tapping at the computer finding more interviews, fan fictions and tweets from fans. I could feel Sophie stroking my back. Should I go to the concert?

NIALL’s POV 

I pressed send and sighed. Liam put his hand on my shoulder. He was standing behind my chair and had just helped me write the message to Molly. Sometimes this life as a celebrity was horrible. If I was just a normal kid I could easily ask Molly out on another cup of coffee or to go see a movie. But I could not drag her into this life I had now without her wanting to be part of this. Liam was right.

And what was so special about her anyway? I had met thousand of girls - why her? Was it because she did not regonize me? All I knew for certain was; I could not get her of my mind.  

------------------------------------

“I still find it highly hilarious that she believed you to be an indie type, Nialler! Drowning in a puddle – this girl is a genius! I wanna meet heeerrr!” Louis complained as we arrived at Harry’s apartment to crash. We were waiting at Zayn, who had gone to his place, to return his luggage.

I smiled at Louis and threw myself at the couch clutching my arms over my head. It seemed like ages ago that I had been running through the rain with Molly, her hair being all damped and her face lighting up in a smile, but it had happend this very morning. I did not even know what her last name was - or how old she was. I had only met her for an hour or so!

Gosh - I sounded like a lunatic. What had she done to me! I rolled over in the couch and tried to ignore the butterflies in my stomach - or was is just hunger? 

“IS anybody hungry? Niall of course – what about you Louis or did you eat to many of my snacks at the meeting?” Harry yelled from the kitchen,“I have leftover pizzaaa Niall!”

I smiled to the inside of my arms. I peeked out and saw the curly haired boy sneaking in on me with a piece of pizza in his hand. I started laughing at the sight of Harry looking super creepy as he waved the pizza over my head. I snapped the pizza from him and ran to the kitchen.

Louis was about to pick a piece, so I snatched the pizza tray and made a run for it. I grinned at his annoyed face. “You ate all of the oreos Louis! This pizza is miiinee,” I explained and beamed. I was trying hard to forget about Molly.

Why was there so long till Friday?