Epilogue

[written in present tense on purpose]

[niall’s pov]

“Is she in there?” I whisper to Molly’s room mate, as I point down the hall. The girl who’s French and speaks with a really strong accent simply nods with a wide grin. I reply her smile with an even bigger one, as a thrill runs through my body.

It’s summer - half a year has gone by since I asked Molly to move in with me. Half a year. Jesus time goes by so fast! But everything is going better than we had ever hoped for - with the tour, her education and our relationship.

I keep my black trench coat on and leave my suitcase at the entrance, as I pass the French girl and move down the dark hall. It’s a small place - small but in the center of Paris at Isle de Saint. We drove by Notre Dame to get here - such an amazing sight. The gothic church takes my breath away every time I see it!

At the end of the hall a door is standing a little open - a stream of light escaping into the dark hall. I can hear her hum softly - still unknowingly about my visit. I can hear slight noises from the outside - I reckon her balcony doors are open. Maybe she’s sitting outside on her little green chair all curled up with a cup of coffee and a magazine. I can almost see how the morning sun beams will flicker in her blonde dyed hair - I still can’t forget how she dyed it New Year’s Eve. I will never forget the sight of her - an angel standing there in the door, smiling lovingly at me, as if she’d only been put on earth to be with me.

The memory makes me shake my head lightly and I speed up my pace - still making sure not to make a noise, that will reveal my approaching. I reach out my hand - slowly pushing the door open and stepping in silently.

The small light room is bathed in light. Sunlight. It’s filled with summer, the scent of her lavender shampoo, stables with books, drawings hanging everywhere, pencils, sketches. And out there - on the small balcony facing the backyard she sits. Surrounded by the small plants I helped her plant the first time I came to visit her here in her new apartment. I remembered how we couldn’t stop laughing over some silly idea about the plants hopefully wouldn’t be afraid of heights.

She sits there on the green chair in an oversized white t-shirt, with one foot resting on the seat - and a cup of coffee balancing on her knee. Her eyes are closed, as I step closer and touch the white, light fabric of the curtains, which are blowing softly in the summer breeze. A strand of hair moves, flickering with a golden glimpse as the light hits it.

She’s just woken up. But it’s still so so warm outside. I step closer almost there. I reach out and touch that wild strand of hair.

“Hey babe,” I say with a soft soft voice, so she won’t be frightened.

[molly’s pov]

“Hey babe,” his voice tells me. My eyes flutter open and I turn slightly in the chair already smiling wider than what seems possible. A grin escapes my lips as I get up, carefully placing the coffee mug on the chair and throw myself into his embrace.

It’s him. He’s here. With his summer bright blonde hair, the blue loving eyes, I can see he’s gotten a lot of sun. Since he’s cheeks and nose are slightly tanned. My Irish guardian angel.