Chapter 5 - His Parents

"Wait, I wanted to say that you have nice hair!" Ace ran after you as you just tried to pretend that you didn't just had that conversation.

"Yeah right!"

"But it's true!" Ace said annoyed. "Geez,women. You try to compliment them and they don't even take it!"

"Oh, and now you learned everything about women? Portgas D Ace, there are many secrets that you are unaware of about women." You said.

Ace furrowed his brows at your words as he reached your pace.

"Oh? Women are that mysterious? I've heard many people say that. I never thought that was true though. Men have their secrets aswell."

You giggled and then looked at Ace who was looking at you aswell.

"It seems that both of our genders don't know much about one another." You said.

"Well if the women's mind is that dark, I think everything should still remain a secret."

"You know, Ace, it says that the world is more colourful than it looks like."

"How so?" Ace was now interested. How could blue be more blue?

"Haven't you heard? Love is a strange thing. It appears out of no where and it's hard to get over it to. Some do, some don't. It says that the world that we're living right now it's a monotone coloured world. This blue of the ocean isn't really the blue the ocean really has."

Ace raised an eyebrow at that. It was hard to believe such things.

"And why does love relate to this?" Ace asked.

You stopped as you stared at the ocean. Ace was standing next to you staring at your face, waiting for your response.

"Didn't you listen? Love is a strange thing. I haven't been in love, so I don't know much about it, but from what I heard, love brings happiness into one's heart."

Ace turned his attention to the waves that hit the ship.

"To be honest, I haven't neither. It's true, I've been with some girls, but only for one night."

You looked at the ground a little disappointed. Of course he had a night stand. Why won't he? He was handsome, brave, strong. Every girl would just fall over heels for him.

"I've been told once, that everyone has a soul mate."

"Soul mate?" Ace turned back to you.

"Your other half. That person is the one that you should love unconditionally and spend your life with. It has been said that no matter how much time you spend with that person, you'll never get tierd of their voice, their face, their everything."

Ace was surprised. No one ever explained him what love really was actually. He thought it was something that you get over it, quickly.

"I heard once that when you're in love, you'll always feel nervous around that person at the start, your heart would beat faster than usual whenever you're thinking, talking or having any interaction with that particular person. You'll at one point, feel something like butterflies in your stomach."

"That's cool!" Ace said.

You smiled at him and decided that it's time to go to oyaji. After all, that was the main reason why you left the dining room, right?

"Ah, there you are, my daughter and my son. How are you today?"

"We're fine. How are you? Getting any better?"

"I've been better. But it's fine, really! I summoned you here because I have a little mission for the two of you." Whitebeard said as he drank some sake. Of course, the nurses weren't allowed so he could drink freely.