Chapter 35 - Tales as old as time

AND THIS IS THE EPIC. RAP. BATTLE OF ANIME!!!!!!

^I literally started watching Fullmetal Alchemist just because of this skit. This is gold. Go ahead and watch it my child. It's worth it.

------------------

You clenched the piece of paper as you looked at the ocean. Your trip back to pops began three hours ago. Ever since Ace gave you his vivre card, you began to worry.

What if something goes wrong? What if you can't make it in time?

He's not stubborn right now... He's stupid. Even Shanks, a freaking Yonko, told him to back off, but does he listen? Nooooo.

As your mind was clouded with all this thoughts, you didn't notice that the captain of this ship was standing next to you.

"You're worried, aren't you?" He asked. You looked at him and nod.

"He might be all strong and mighty but... When it's about the one he loves, he never backs away. No matter what. And that's the only thing that scares me. I fear that even if he reaches his limit, he will still try to push himself." You said reluctantly.

"If there's one thing I've learned about the will of D is that they're fearless in everything they do and that their bonds are stronger than death itself." Shanks said with a mysterious smirk on his face. "You just have to believe in him for now." He finished. He patted your back and walked away.

"Believe in him, huh?" You repeated Shanks's words.

He was right. This is just stupid. You're worrying for a who has a bounty over 500 million berries.

It's time to stop this nonsense and get a grip. You don't want to look like you're helpless without the male figure next you.

You sighed and decided that the best thing to do right now is to wait to get back home, on the ship, where everybody else was.

But before you do that, you had to get a question answered.

"Hey, Shanks!" You called after the red haired man.

"Huh?" He turned around and saw you running towards him. Once you arrived in front of him you took a deep breath.

"What the hell happened to your right arm?"

------------------

Okay, maybe asking that question wasn't the smartest idea of yours. Once you asked that question, Shanks stopped blinking and a huge smile appeared on his face.

He decided that it was time for another banquet. Once he got drunk enough, he began to tell you about a story of a little boy. He told you this boy accidentally ate the devil fruit his crew found a few days ago before arriving on that island.

The stupidness, the hat, everything started to make sense. No wonder why Ace said that Luffy and Shanks go way back. This little boy that Shanks gave his arm for was infact Luffy. (No shiet)

"And thus, the new era of pirates is what it is today." Shanks finished his story.

Yeah... He may have gone off track with the story but hey, at least you learned more about what Shanks did during this past years.

"Yeah, I met Luffy, actually." You smiled.

"Whaaaat? How is he doing? Maan, that sure brings back a lot of memories." Shanks said. You started to giggle and shook your head.

"He was helping the Alabasta princess to bring down Crocodile I believe." You said.

"Ehh? A Shichibukai? Already? Heh, he's fearless just like his brother." Shanks said before grabbing his drink.

Out of the blue, Yasopp jumped from his sit and sat next to you and Shanks.
"Now that you've heard about Luffy, I think it's time to hear the stories about my amazing son-" before he could continue you stopped him.

"Usopp, right?" You smiled.

"Awwee, that's no fun. You remember the stories."

"Actually, I've met him." You replied.

"Ehhhhhh?!"

------------------

By the end of the day, you were the only one sober. How do this guys keep themselves alive, beats you.

But you had to admit, they were a happy bunch. Always having fun but feared by enemies.

Plus their captain is a Yonko so...

You looked at the stars and smiled. It was the middle of the night, and so, it meant one thing.

"Happy birthday, Thatch!"