Chapter 28 - Not as Expected

As Ace leaned again for another kiss, you quickly realized that the marine is still around this area, searching for the two of you.

You tried to shove Ace away but he pulled you closer to him, as if you were about to run away from him. You gasped for air, breaking the kiss. Ace pouted as his eyes were closed, disappointed that the kiss was over.

He pressed his forehead onto yours, smiling and then he kissed your nose.

That made you giggle and you pulled him into another kiss. This was toxic; he was toxic. This was wrong but it felt as if it was the most right thing in the world. No one in this whole world could make you feel this way. He was the only one who could bring both the worst and the best of you.

You pulled him away again and he looked at you confused. "What is it?" he asked as he grabbed your hand. You shook your head and placed the other hand on his cheek.

"Ace, we can't..." you replied in a small voice. All the darkness from Ace's eyes faded and his heart skipped a beat. What does that mean? He became nervous as the seconds passed. You don't trust him?

"What's wrong? Look, if it's about me, I can change, I swear. But please don't leave me again..." He said desperately, looking into you eyes. You shook your head. "It's not-" you tried to explain what you meant to say but Ace cut you off. "No, I'm not losing you again!"

You rolled your eyes and kissed him to shut up. He was took by surprise but he responded quickly. "Ace, I'm just saying that we can't just do that right now... There are some marines around this building." You explained

"Oh..." that's all he managed to say. You almost started to laugh at his expression.

The smile from your face disappeared within seconds. Ace looked at you confused. As he questioned you what's with the sudden change of your mood, you simply shook your head and held him close to you.

"I just missed you." You replied.

Ace furrowed his brows but then grabbed your cheeks, pulling your face closer to his.

"I missed you too. "

You smiled at his reply.

"Hey, (Name), I know this is not the time to make promises but... I'll always be there for you. Even if you and are miles apart, I'll always be there for you. M'kay?"

You giggled a little but you nod your head and kissed his cheek.

"Yuck, look at us. We're the annoying couple." You said while laughing.

"Total mood bummer."

His expression suddenly changed. He probably remembered that we should stop messing around and get out of here before it's too late.

You looked into his eyes. He gestured to you to go grab your stuff. You quickly did as you were told.

"Ready?" Ace asked. Once you nod, Ace opened the door slowly but he was greeted by five marines, in front if the door, pointing their guns at the two of you.

"Great..." You mumbled.

------------------

"I can't believe you!" You said as you started to finally calm down.

Ace decided it would be a great idea to let yourselves be captured and probably get some intel about Teach out of it.

Except, the dumbass you call your boyfriend forgot that marines have sea stone chains and now, the only person who could break the chains, out of the two of you, was out of power.

Ace laughed awkwardly. "Yeah, I forgot about the sea stone chains."

"No shit. And what now genius? What if my father comes? I'm fucked! Actually, the both of us are fucked! And you know who's fault is that?" You whispered/yelled at him.

"No one's father is gonna come."

"Easy for you to say! Your father is dead."

"Well if you wouldn't freak out over such simple things, we wouldn't have been in this situation right now." Ace said with a sharply tone.

"Oh and now's my fault?" You rolled your eyes.

"No... Forget about that for now."

A marine started to walk towards the two of you. You exhaled as you realized you were holding your breath.

"Miss (Name). Your - your father wants to speak to you." The marine said.

"Well tell my father I have nothing to speak with him about."

"I'm afraid this is a order." The marine grabbed your chain.

Your eyes widen as you were pulled towards the location the marine came from. You looked at Ace in disparity as you started to struggle.

You weren't ready for him, yet.

Boom! 28 is here!

28? Wow! We're almost at 30!

I was hoping to update last night but Roger was live and I had to see his livestream. If you don't know him, RogersBase is a youtuber, One Piece trash, who looks 100/10 and does anime/manga reviews but mainly One Piece is his shit. Go check him out.

Ty for 14k and actually I think that after this chapter we'll reach 15 k! Thank you so much!

Leave a comment and vote cause I love it when you do that! <3

*whispers* Free cookies.