Chapter 43 - His True Feelings

I did say that only this book will be over, not this story. HOWEVER that doesn't determine if Ace will live or die.
——————————————————

You clenched you fist as you watched the sunset. Another day wasted on these waters and one day closer to Ace's execution. You hid your tears from everyone, trying to look stronger than ever but inside, you were just hurting.

You wanted to see Ace and tell him the big news. You wanted that more than anything. You were willing to walk through hell and back just to see him just one more time.

He is such an idiot sometimes but other then that he is a very smart man, he loves and cares for others but he can be very stubborn and short tempered from time to time. Others failed to see the good side of him, his good traits and yet you were just seeing only perfection in him.

You opened your fist. Inside there was a small piece of paper; Ace's vivre card. It kept on slowly burning and there was nothing you could do about it. You just had to wait until the day of his execution. That was the plan.

Your belly didn't show any signs of forming a bump, which was great since you didn't want the marines to find out about the little one. If something would've happened in the future and somehow Ace's identify would be revealed, this baby's life would be in grave danger. It just scared you so much to think about it.

But of course, there was no possible way you would have a bump so soon. After all, you were just in your first month of pregnancy.

If this continues, I'll be out of his vivre card by the next week. You thought as you looked at the vivre card. This piece of paper showed you that he was still alive and breathing.

The people around the world started to prepare themselves for the upcoming war. Everyone was informed at this point about the things that are happening and the things that will happen. Ace's execution was just a way for the Marines to pick a fight with Whitebeard, but if they actually find out who Ace is, even if he escapes, his life will be much harder than it was before.

But that, doesn't matter anymore. All it matters now is to make sure Ace will come back safe and sound. He's going to become a dad after all.

After deciding that you had enough fresh air, you strolled around the ship, trying to find something to do but unfortunately that didn't has long since you started to get sick once again today.

The morning sickness started to kick in and it became more violent as the days passed. You weren't sure anymore if you could show up at the war. You found yourself unable to eat food that you'd usually love but that wasn't the worst part. You're very sensitive when it comes to smells.

The doctor said that there's not much he can do about it since this is something most women go through during the first semester but you already started to regret this. You are very much tiered or sick throughout the day and during the night, you'd find yourself unable to sleep.

You took a deep breath and walked towards your room. But as you were walking, Marco bumped into you. He looked like he was in some kind of a rush, but he stopped when he saw you.

"What's wrong?" You asked as you studied his face. "Is it Ace?" You asked immediately after that. Marco shooked his head and then he gave you a newspaper. You reluctantly opened it and then what you saw next surprised you.

Celestial Dragons held hostage by Supernovas?

"What the..." You said under your breath as you read the title. You flipped the page and started to read the article. Your eyes grew wide as you read every sentence. "This is just..."

"Yeah, I know right? Ace's brother is totally insane. And to think that he escaped!" Marco exclaimed as he held his hans behind his neck. "But to punch a Celestial Dragon you have to be more than insane to do it! Haha, this Monkey D. Luffy is something, I'll give him that." Marco chuckled.

You read the article once again, looking through every single little detail that they gave. "Well, it doesn't say anything about him escaping. From what they say, he and his crew suddenly vanished from the island." You said. Marco shrugged and then he looked at your belly. "This is going to be so wierd once you'll have a big belly." Marco chuckled. "How come?" You asked.

He smiled at you and then he looked into you eyes. "You know, Ace liked you from the very begging." He said as he sat down on the floor. "He never admitted it, but it's the truth. He found you attractive and different and that's why he wanted you so bad to join this crew. Me and Thatch always teased him about it but the truth was that we were just jealous of him. Unlike him, neither me or Thatch got the chance to fall in love but Ace did."

You smiled at Marco as you listened to his words. It warmed your heart to hear this. "I can't wait to tell him the news and to see his reaction." You chuckled and Marco joined you. "Do you think he'll be happy about it?" You asked him.

He looked at you with a questioning look. "Why even bother asking. He'll be thrilled to hear this news." He replied.

"He better be. If not, I'm executing him myself." You joked.

Ace... Just hang in there for a little longer.

——————————————————

Yes, there's going to be a sequel to this story. I tried to make this chapter 2000 words long but I cannot do this urgh. It's so frustrating!

But in the next chapter we're going to Marineford.

This is an edit I made for the upcoming sequel. It's not titled that way but that quote will make sense by the end of this book.