Chapter 47 - Family

Luffy stood up from the ground. He took a deep breath and let his arms loose. "ACEEEEEEE!" Ace couldn't believe it. Was he happy? Was he angry? "Garp! It's your darn family again!" Sengoku crossed his arms as he scolded Garp, who had the same expression on his face as Ace. (Mama Sengoku lol)

"LUFFFFYYYYY!" Ace shouted back, making himself present. Luffy grinned and straighten up himself before shouting Ace's name again, action which Ace repeated as well. "I finally found you! Ace... Just you wait! I'm going to save you!"

Ace bit his lip, trying his best not to let his emotions conquer him. He was having an inner war inside of him, not knowing what was right for him to feel and what was wrong. He wanted be happy that everyone came to rescue him, however getting him out of here would cost a great price; the lives of many of his nakamas. So was it right for him to feel happiness or not?

Out of the many people that are here fighting for his life, (Name) and Luffy, are the only two persons he never wished they would show up. But the more he thought about it, the more hypocritical he started to feel. He would do the same thing if they were in his shoes, without any doubts.

But this was his fault that he got captured. If only he was stronger than this, none of this would've hap-

"Yeah, Ace! We're going to get you out of there! Just you wait!" A, oh so familiar voice yelled. When he looked in the direction of the voice, (Name) was standing next to Whitebeard, while she had a huge smile on her face. "(Name)... Luffy..." Ace said under his breath. Thank you...

------------------

You were standing next to Whitebeard as the ship fell from the sky. You began to worry when you saw Luffy falling into the water but, you got relieved once you heard him yell Ace's name. However, Luffy wasn't alone. He didn't come with his ordinary crew - Ivankov of the Revolutionary; the former Shichibukai, Crocodile; a pirate clown that you've never heard of, and the Knight of the Sea Jinbe - are one of the top faces that were standing next to him.

You furrowed your eyes once you saw Crocodile flying towards Whitebeard, probably to attack him. You knew that Crocodile had some past issues with Whitebeard but him thinking that he can beat Pops was just childish. He does not possess that power.

"Long time no see, Whitebeard." Crocodile said as he pointed his metal arm at Pops. "You don't know when yo stop..." You were ready to attack but Luffy appeared out of nowhere and attacked Crocodile using his Second Gear. You also noticed that his body was wet from water, which made you wonder if that's Crocodile's Logia Devil Fruit's weakness.

"Now that we're here, out agreement has been fulfilled. Why do you want to protect Whitebeard?!" Crocodile asked angrily. "As I thought- this old man really is Whitebeard. The leave him alone! Ace likes this old man!" Luffy answered. Just as he finished his sentence, some of your crew mates pointed their swords and guns at Crocodile, forcing him not to make any movement.

Luffy glanced at you. Something seemed different. He wasn't sure what, though. You tried to keep your eye contact with Ace. Your heart would skip a beat everytime you saw his eyes.

After all this time not seeing each other, you just wanted to hold him close and to tell him what happened during his absence. However before you could do any of that, you needed to break Ace free and you were very sure that you will not be able to do it on your own.

Being pregnant, you also had to be extra careful. So because of all those reasons, you decided to only back-up Luffy in case of any emergency. You knew how much Ace loves his little brother. He would give his life for him without without a second thought.

"Luffy, it's been a while." You greeted him properly. Luffy gave you a big smile and then he continued to glare at you with a confused yet serious face. "Hmm, you seem different. Did you got fat or something?" He asked innocently. You were taken with surprise by his question while some pirates that were around yelled at him for asking such an impolite question without thinking about it.