Chapter 50 - The End

Last chapter update for this book! What do you guys think of it?

- They say that the good die young but they never really tell you that never die alone -

young but they never really tell
you that never die alone -

Falling on his knees, Luffy breathe heavily as he started to feel the fact that he was at his limit; he couldn't fight anymore. It was a miracle that he could stand up and run. However, the fact that Ace was fighting Akainu, and that the battle didn't seemed to be so victorious on Ace's side, only made Luffy worry even more.

Ace clenched his teeth as he felt his burnt arm. His devil fruit power wasn't as powerful as Akainu's. However that did not meant that he should run away and let this scum insult Whitebeard the way he does. Whitebeard gave him a life, a reason and now, a second chance to life. Akainu doesn't know a thing about Whitebeard.

Luffy tried to reach out for the vivre card that had fell off his hat, however, the piece of paper moved towards the direction that Ace was. Luffy dragged himself towards it but the one thing he didn't notice was the fact that he was targeted to be Akainu's next victim.

Ace immediately noticed Akainu's intentions. He screamed Luffy's name however it was already too late for Luffy to run away. Without any seconds thoughts, Ace jumped in front of Luffy. 

Akainu's fist went through Ace's body. His inside's caught fire, some were melting and that's when Ace knew... he won't be able to survive this. At least, he kept his promise to Sabo. 

Luffy watched in horror as Ace protected him with his own body. Luffy's heart sunk. As his breathing stopped when he watched Akainu burning Ace's organs. "ACE!" Luffy screamed in horror. Everybody was shocked. No! There's no way Ace can die! Not after all this things they've done to protect him. 

When Akainu stepped back, Ace fell on the ground, however he was caught by Luffy before he could hit it. When Akainu tried to attack Ace again, Jimbe interfered and tried his best to stop him. When Marco joined the battle as well, Akainu annoyed, looked towards Ace.

"How annoying." He mumbled. "Can't you see that it's already too late for Fire Fist?" He said as he rolled his eyes. Everyone turned their attention towards Ace. Their eyes widened as they saw the wound.

Luffy looked at his hands who were now covered by the blood of his brother. His hands were trembling. He couldn't think straight anymore. "Ace... Y-you need to get treated." Luffy said. Ace watched the horizon. He couldn't feel anything anymore. "Yeah! That's right! You'll get treated and everything will be alright!" Luffy said hopeful.

Screaming for help, Luffy held Ace as close as possible. When the nearby doctor came to give Ace the first aid, the doctor only clenched his fist and looked at the ground. Only a miracle can save Ace now.

"I'm sorry Luffy. You pushed yourself to the limit so many times but in the end, I wasn't able to make it." Ace said quietly. "W-what are you saying?!" Luffy yelled as he fought his tears back. "Luffy... I can feel my life is about to end." Luffy clenched his teeth as Ace said those words. "Don't lie! I- you- You promised you will never die, no matter what, Ace!"