Chapter 16 - That Cursed Night

You woke up in the middle of the night, feeling worst then ever. You weren't feeling sick. For some reason you only felt very worried.

The thing is that you didn't knew what made you so worried about.

You looked at Ace who was sleeping soundly. Of course he would be asleep. This is Ace who we are talking about in the first place.

You stood up from the bed and walked outside.

The sky was full of stars and the moon was brighter than ever.

You leaned on the railing, looking at the stars while listening to the beautiful sound of the ocean.

Out of the sudden, you heard a sound behind you and you quickly turned around.

"Teach?" You asked as you recognized the face.

"(Name)-chan... What are you doing here? I mean, aren't you supposed to asleep?"

You shook your head before replying to him.

"I don't know... I can't sleep. I got this wierd feeling ever since I came back here. I feel like something wrong is about to happen." You explained.

You then noticed something very strange about him. Is that blood?!

"Teach... Wha- what happened? Is this blood?" You asked as you grabbed his arm trying to search for a wound.

"Yes..." He replied.

You raised your eyebrows at his answer. There was no wound! Then from where the hell was all that blood?

"Then from where-"

"Sorry sweetie, I'm afraid it's bed time." He said.

Before you even realized what just happened, everything went black.

Later that morning, Marco was the first person to wake up.

He walked pass every bedroom door and when he arrived at yours he completely stopped.

His eyes widen when he saw you on the ground, passed out.

"(Name)! (Name)! Wake up! Oi!" He started to shook the life out of you.

A few seconds later, you woke up.

"(Name) what the hell?" Marco said. He got very scared for a moment.

"Ahh my bad. I must of fell asleep here." You said while laughing awkwardly.

What the hell happened? You felt like you forgot something super important.

"Anyways, you alright?" Marco asked concerned.

"Yeah I'm alright, don't worry." You replied with a smile and then you walked away.

Your head hurt like a bitch! Probably because of the floor.

Note to self: never sleep on a wooden floor. It's not comfortable.

You walked towards the crows nest, knowing the fact that you'll find Thatch there, asleep.

You and Ace would pull some pranks on him on days like this. But for some reason, you felt like you should check on him.

When you climbed in crows nest your eyes widen.

Thatch was lying lifeless on the ground, a pool of blood was surrounding him.

"Teach is that blood?"

"Yes.. Sorry sweetie I'm afraid it's bed time"

All those memories instantly came into your mind. You started to tremble and you fell on the ground.

What was this? A panic attack? No. It was worst than that.