Chapter 38 - The Point With No Return

Once the doctor left, you stood there not moving one muscle. So many thoughts crossed your mind all at once. Were you happy?  Were you sad? What is Ace going to say about this?  Will Ace ever be able to know about this? What if he doesn't come back?

You let out a big sigh and rubbed your head. "This is so f**ked up." You whispered.

This was the point with no return. You knew that this is it. You cannot do anything about it now. You were pregnant. You don't even fight for yourself anymore. You fight for two people. If anyone would accidentally hurt your belly during a fight, this would be over.

You looked down at your belly. There was a human being inside you. Well, it was developing inside you. Like a parasite. But this was no parasite. This little creature needed love and protection. And that's what you'll give him or her.

A knock on the door made you come back to reality. Once the door opened, you were greeted by Marco who was carrying a tray full of food.

"I brought you some food. Figured that you're probably starving since you didn't ate anything for like a week." He said as he placed the tray on the table beside your bed. He sat down on your bed and took a good look around. You grabbed some food from the tray and started eating.

"Man, this sure feels weird being in this room." Marco said out of the blue. You stopped eating and looked at him. He was looking at his hands. He looked as if he was very worried.

"You tell me. Haven't been in this room since... That night." You replied to him.

"Yeah... I cannot forget that morning when I found him dead on the ground. I cannot get that image out of my head." He said as he placed his head in his hands.

You stood up and sat next to him. You pulled him into a hug. "Nobody saw it coming. Teach will pay for what he has done. I'm sure." Marco hugged back. The two of you stood there like that for a while. You sure did miss him.

Once he pulled away he gave you a smile, which you returned it.

"Ace is so selfish." Marco chuckled. You looked at him confused. "You know, he send you back here just to defeat Teach himself and only himself. It's cute that he loves you and everything, but if he would've just asked for help... I know that he blames himself for the whole thing, but don't we all?"

You got up and walked towards your bag. You opened the pocket where you had the vivre card from Ace. You sighed in relief. It was still intact. Nothing burned.

"Well, he's fine right now." You said as you showed off the vivre card.

"Is that his vivre card?" Marco asked. You nod and sat down back on the bed next to Marco. "So anyways, what made you had the major panic attack? I'm a hundred percent sure it had to do something with Ace." Marco asked.

"I thought that believing in him was going to be the greatest option, ever since he told me to come back to the ship. But then, when pops and Shanks talked... I lost all that little bit of faith that I had left. Shanks started to beg pops to convince Ace to come back." You said. At the word beg Marco's eyes grew wide. Even he knew that Shanks wouldn't normally do that.

"Once pops refused, they started the fight. I eventually snapped and walked out of there. And you know the rest..." You explained.

"That bastard! He was just hiding his true self and power all this time!  He played us all like we were some kind of fools!" Marco yelled the last sentence as he clenched his fist.

You started to question yourself if you should tell Marco about the news you just got. You knew that once Marco finds out, pops will find out aswell. And once that happens, you wouldn't be allowed to even go out on your own.

And so, you decided to keep it a secret for a while.

"So anyways, did the doctor say anything else?" Marco asked. His words took you by surprise. You knew that the doctor promised not to say anything and that you'll be the first one to drop the news to the others but stil...

"No, nothing else. W-why?" You played it cool.

"Ehh, nothing. Just wondering. You seem a little strange. Maybe you should go get some fresh air or maybe a refreshing shower will help." Marco said as he stood up.

"Yeah... Maybe."

——————————————————

Ace was sitting quietly at the bar, drinking some sake. All of the sudden, two men ran into the bar.

"I got news from the neighborhood island. They said that their island was attackes by the Blackbeard Pirates!" One of the men shouted.

At those words, Ace's eyes widen. Could it be? He was closer to Teach day by day. Ace stood up from the bar and walked towards the exit.

Today he'll bring down Teach. For good.

Next chapter: Ace vs Blackbeard