Chapter 33 - Red-Haired Shanks

W8 SO LIKE, IF SHANKS WAS PART OF ROGER'S CREW, DOES THAT MEAN HE KNOWS ABOUT THE VOID CENTURY AND THE LOCATION OF ONE PIECE?!

"S-Shanks?" Ace said surprised.

That name sounded very familiar. Of course it did. Your mother was a very good friend of this person. He rarely visited but whenever he did, he would spend most of his time at the bar back in the town.

His crew always managed to put a smile on your face and Shanks was no different.

"You know him?" You asked.

"Kind of..." He answered you. "He and Luffy go way back. He's a nice guy. Meet him once."

"He was drinking, wasn't he?" You asked as you face-palmed.

Ace turned to you surprised, as if you answered the most hardest question in the world with a correct answer.

"How did you know?"

"He and my mother were friends so naturally I had meet him aswell. He is a drunkard and he often flirted with mom, but she would knock him back to sleep whenever he tried." You laughed as you recalled the memories.

Once the ship finally docked, the crew jumped out of the ship in the soft sand.

"Huh?" The crew stopped once they saw the two of you. Once that happend, everybody just stopped and stared at the two of you.

Once you finally spotted someone you remember you smiled.

"Roo?" You asked hesitantly.

Lucky Roo. This man always made you laugh. No matter what the situation was, he always had a smile on his face. He would drink a lot and eat a lot but that's just how he was.

It took him a while to realize who you were, but once he figured it out...

"(Name)?" He asked.

The name was very familiar for the others aswell. Just like Luffy, you would always claim that you'll become a pirate.

You grinned and nod. The others cheered and ran to give you a hug, leaving Ace behind, really shocked and confused.

He was the one who was supposed to know this guys! Not you!

"What the hell is going on?" A very familiar voice suddenly asked.

A red haired man suddenly jumpes from the ship, next to his crew. Everyone went silent and they just looked at their captain.

"Captain, you won't belive who we found!" Roo exclaimed.

"Huh?" Shanks looked at you and then back at Ace. Then back to you and again back to Ace.

"Yeah, that's (Name)." Benn Beckman assured his captain.

"Ehh? (Name)... Oh! (Name)!  Wait. No way!  What are even doing here?" Shanks asked surprised.

Both you and Ace started to laugh awkwardly.

——————————————————

"I see... So you're with Whitebeard. No wonder why you got such a high bounty on you." Shanks said as he took another sip from the bottle.

Once Shanks realized who was standing in front of him, he wasted no time into announcing another banquet.

Everybody was drinking, eating and having fun.

"Most likely because of my real father..." You mumbled.

"Akainu is no ordinary marine. If he wants something, he gets it, no matter what." Shanks said as he placed his bottle on the table in front of him. "But what really interests me right now it's why are you with Fire Fist so far away from that old man?"

Ace smirked and grabbed your hand. His action took you by surprise but you squeezed his hand.

"Oh I see." Shanks chuckled.

"But that's not the reason we're here." Ace said as he took a sip of his drink. "We're on a hunt for a certain pirate."

Ace's eyes were covered by the shadow of his hat. He never liked talking about Teach. What he has done it's unforgivable.

"Oh? What pirate?"

"Marshall D. Teach. Otherwise known as Blackbeard." Ace said after a long pause.

As if it was a trigger, everybody who heard the name suddenly stopped their party and looked at you and Ace.
You looked around surprised and then looked back at the two man. They were staring into each others eyes, not breaking the contact.

Shanks sighed and grabbed his bottle again and poured some into a cup. Once the cup was full he placed it in front of Ace.

"Well if you ask me, you should back away while you still have the chance. He is... On a whole different level." Shanks finally broke the silence.

Ace smirked and grabbed the cup.

"Such things don't scare me, Akagami. I will not back away, not after he killed Thatch."

"Oh... You're a fearless man, Fire Fist." Shanks chuckled.

"Runs in the family." You mumbled as you shook your hand in front of your face.

"However, I do wish to ask you for a favor, Akagami." Ace took a bite out of the food in front of him. "My girl over here needs a ride back to Oyaji."

"Ace, hold on a minute. It's rude to-"

"Whitebeard, huh? That name sounds so nostalgic. Don't worry about it. I'll make sure she arrives safely back on his ship." Shanks smiled.

Ace bowed while saying a heartfelt thank you. You looked around you and saw people smiling at the two of you and then they started to party once again.

"Don't think too much about it." Shanks laughed.

You squeezed Ace's hand, as your smile faded little by little. The idea of letting Ace handle the job with Teach gives you an unpleasant feeling.

The same feeling you had that same night when Thatch was killed.

——————————————————

Here's 33 guys!  I like the way this chapter ended up. I tried my best to keep Shanks in character.

Urgh it reminds me of the dark days when I wrote that Luffy x Reader. That was the hardest book I wrote even though it seemed rush and had shit load of mistakes in it.

Why was it the hardest one you ask? Luffy is the most simplest character and yet because of that simpleness he's a very hard character to write about.

It's very easy for him to become occ and so maintaining that simple, innocent character it's super hard.

For example, Luffy is saying something, once you write that he said something smart or normal, you know you fucked up.

We're getting closer and closer to a certain arc