I love you.

You and Dean are best friends for years now, and from time to time you schedule a cheat night where you watch movies and eat ice cream, pizza and all that good stuff. Today is one of those days.

You already watched "Friday the 13th" despite neither of you really enjoying horror movies. Now you're watching a romantic comedy/drama "Life as we know it". Dean is not much of a fan of these movies too, he's more of an action/thriller kind of guy. You love action and thrillers too, but you can't help but melt a bit with romantic comedies. It's your guilty pleasure. You're sitting on the couch, right next to Dean, and you're starting to feel sleep taking control over you. Slowly, you start leaning into Dean's shoulder. You try to fight your sleep but you can't, your eyes are stubbornly trying to close themselves.

"Are you sleeping on me, (Y/N)?" Dean asks, chuckling softly, failing miserably at sounding offended.

"Ughhhh." You moan softly, taking your head off his shoulder. "I'm so tired I'm sorry." You pout.

"Hey, it's okay. We can finish the movie on another day." He smiles.

"No! Look! I'm awake, let's watch the movie." You act tough, but you're really tired and you want to sleep so badly.

Five minutes later you're asleep. Dean notices you fell asleep. He looks at you and smiles softly, taking a strand of your hair out of your face and caressing your cheek softly.

'This big dork.' He thinks, chuckling lowly to himself.

He picks you up bridal style and takes you to his bed. You're so deep in your sleep that you don't wake up. Dean sets you down on the bed softly, trying not to wake you, then he puts the blankets over you and kisses your temple. "Goodnight, (Y/N)." He whispers softly, smiling at your sleeping form. Despite being asleep, your lips twitch slightly, forming a small smile.

Just when Dean is reaching the bedroom's door, he hears you mumbling something. He gets back to the bedside and you repeat again what you said.

"I love you so much." You whisper in your sleep.

Dean's eyes widen. "Who?" He asks you, not being able to stop himself, hoping you answer.

"Dean. I love him." You reply. Dean's breath hitched. He's standing there, looking at your sleeping form, wondering if you really feel what you just said or if you were just dreaming and sleep talking.

'She loves me?' Dean thinks. 'How could I never noticed it? Maybe she was just dreaming, I need to ask her tomorrow. I need to know. Even if it means getting my heart broken. Wait. Why would I get my heart broken? She is just my best friend. Oh no, don't lie you idiot. You love her. Oh god, I love her.' Dean's head is a complete mess, he loves his best friend and he needs to clear all the doubts in the morning.

*the next morning*

You feel the morning light in your face and start opening your eyes softly so they could get used to it. When you finally open your eyes, you see Dean sitting beside you on the bed, looking at his hands. He looks really lost in his thoughts. You let out a sigh. And his head snaps at you.

"Hey." You say, smiling.

"Hey." He replies, but something about his tone tells you something is not right.

"What's going on?" You ask, sitting up on the bed and facing him.

"You love me?" He shoots, looking at you right in the eye. Your mouth falls open and you can't find the words to speak. He looks at you a few more seconds and then his face drops.

'What is happening? How did he find out? Why is he sad that I didn't reply?' You think. Your mind is racing, so many questions. It seems like your heart is jumping out of your chest.

"H- How did you find out?" You ask shyly, looking at your hands. You feel his stare burning your face.

"So you do love me..." He sighs, you look at him for a moment and he gives you a small smile.

"How did you know?" You ask again.

"You talk in your sleep..." He says. An awkward yet comfortable silence filling the room right after. Then you finally decide to speak up. But when you were about to open your mouth, Dean starts talking.

"Why didn't you never tell me anything?" He asks shyly.

"Look, Dean... you're my best friend. The last thing I want is to ruin what we have right here." You sigh. "Ugh... even in my sleep I can ruin things. I'm actually unbelievable." You mumble, your eyes never leaving your hands, you can't bring yourself to face him. "I never told you because I know you don't feel the same way and-"

He cuts you off by cupping your face and kissing you slowly for a few seconds, his lips sucking your lower lip softly. Then he pulls back, your face in his hands, his thumbs caressing your cheeks. Both of you lost in each other's eyes.

"You should have told me." He smiles.

"Why?" You ask, blushing.

"Because I love you too." He confesses, pecking your lips.

"You- You love me?" Somebody pinch you because this feels like some dream you're having.

"That's what I said, yeah." Dean chuckles.

"Well, that's great, because I love you too." You grin.

"Wow." He smiles.

"What?" You ask, all blushed, while he pulls you to straddle his lap.

"It feels so good hearing you say it." He's actually blushing right now.

"Say what? That I love you so... so much?" You chuckle, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Yes, that." He grins. "I love you." He says, now with a serious face, so you know he really means it.

Life gives so many turns. You never had the courage to tell him how you felt, fear always took over you... And now, all it took was a sleeping 'I love you'. Destiny works its ways.