Upside Down

Summary: You both were childhood best friends. On one drunken night, (y/n) spent with him in Vegas, they get married without ever dating each other.

Dean Ambrose. The man who means the world to you. The man you always loved. The man who saved you. Sometimes you find yourself thinking back to what brought you here, to this moment.

You've known each other since you were little kids. Living in the same neighborhood, going to the same school and having dysfunctional families were some of the things that brought the two of you together.

Soon you became inseparable. You'd walk to school together, you did homework together, you did everything together. Eventually, you discovered a new passion. A passion that made it all worth it. A passion that brought you even closer. Wrestling.

You've been wrestling since you remember. It's a passion you share, always did, with your all-time best friend, Dean. You were together every step of the way, through every obstacle, every contract... You always stood by each other, no matter what.

Eventually, you got signed to the WWE and so did he, and that was, no doubt, one of the best days of your life, and one of your best memories together.

You wonder when you came to terms with the fact that you fell in love with your best friend, and the truth is... you don't know. It just happened, naturally, as if it was meant to be.

But you never told him. You knew that would ruin it all, and you couldn't afford losing him. Not him of all people. Not after everyone you've already lost.

And somehow, it all brought you here, to this moment.

You and Dean got some days off together, so you went back to his place in Vegas. Last night, your third day off, you had gone for drinks with him. You were completely wasted, as in "don't realize the seriousness of your actions" completely fucking wasted.

So, when you woke up this morning, cuddled up to his side and a wedding ring on your finger, you felt shocked... stunned. You're overwhelmed with emotions. And scared shitless of facing him.

How could you get married? Why? You haven't even dated each other, not even had a casual sex night. Nothing. Worse, you love him. You married the man you love drunkenly. How does that happen?

You couldn't even move, the speed of your thoughts running across your mind is just astounding. Suddenly, as if on cue to snap you out of it, Dean starts stirring up, somehow tightening his grip around your waist and pulling you close.

"Good morning, beautiful." He greets, his voice rough from both the hangover and sleep, and you could almost feel the smile in his lips.

"Good morning." You reply rather dryly, but not intending too. You're just trying to pick up the courage to tell him that you should get an annulment or a divorce.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks worriedly, trying to look down at you, but you never meet his gaze. Sometimes you hate how well he can read you.

"Dean, look at your hand." You mumble nervously, your heart picking up an even faster pace.

He untangles himself from you, propping himself in his elbows, giving you the space to sit up and face him. You watch closely as his eyes move from yours to his ring finger, seeing the piece that stood there perfectly.

When his gaze moves back to yours, you avert your gaze to the mattress, and put up your own hand, showing him your ring.

"Look, did I want to do this another way? Yes. Do I regret marrying you? No." He explains quickly, as you finally meet his gaze. And when you see a genuine, loving look crossing his face, you get even more stunned.

"You don't?" You ask, your voice small and uneven. This all feels like a dream.

"No. I don't." He replies, smiling softly at you.

"Why?" Your heart is beating madly in your chest, but now, it's not an anxious feeling, it's a good one. Man, it's a very good one.

"Because I love you, and you're my best friend. And I always knew that you're the one I wanted to marry. This if I ever got the balls to come clean to you." He admits, easily, blushing a bit. "And I meant I love love you, as in more than my friend, if that wasn't clear."

"I love you too, Dean. Always have." You declare, even getting emotional.

Neither of you can bring itself to say something, you're just sitting there focused on each other's gaze, blushing softly.

Suddenly, he sits up as well, cradling your face in his hand, the other one tucking a strand of your messy bed hair behind your hair.

"You're so beautiful. And I'm so lucky I get to have you by my side, darling." He whispers softly, as his gaze moves from your eyes to your lips.

"Dean, just kiss me already." You snap frustrated, even though you're loving what's he's saying, as he lets out a chuckle.

Finally, he starts leaning in, softly pressing his lips to yours. It felt to right, so familiar. He starts pulling back, but you don't let him, hooking a hand to the back of his neck, pulling him back to you.

You nip at his bottom lip teasingly, and then, when you move to kiss him fully again, he takes that opening to slip his tongue inside your mouth, gently caressing yours. After a couple of minutes of making out, you finally pull back, not before Dean gently pecks your lips.

Then, an adorable grin crosses his lips, as if he was thinking to himself, before he speaks up again.

"So, since we've been doing this all the way upside down, do you want to go out on a date with me?" He chuckles softly, but then growing all-serious. You can't help smile at this lovable dork.

"I think we've exhausted every conversation topic for a first date, and we're married already, but yes, I'd love to."