Heights.

Three days ago, Dean finally asked you out on a date. You never thought he would make a move on you. Until suddenly, he did. He asked you out.
You've been friends for about 3 years and have been pining over each other for almost a year now, but neither of you had the courage to make the first move. Roman and Nikki, your best friends, have noticed and confronted the both of you about it, but you always denied. You never thought Dean actually had even thought of you as more of a friend. There is a local fair during the whole weekend, so you're going there on a date.

You just finished getting ready. You dressed very casually: a black and blue plaid shirt with a black tank top, a pair of skinny jeans, and to finish your look, your black worn out Converse. Your wavy brown hair is tied up in a ponytail and you only applied mascara and some lipstick.
Finally someone knocks on your door. You go open it, only to find a seemingly nervous Dean Ambrose.
"Oh hey (Y/N)." Dean stutters. Ok, now you're sure. He's nervous. But why? Your mind starts wandering around, maybe he doesn't want to go out anymore.
"Hey Dean! Are you okay? You seem nervous." You call him out on his actions.
"Wha- I'm not nervous. Why would I be nervous? Are you nervous?" Dean spills out at less than 3 seconds. You can't help but chuckle at his cute outburst.
"Dean, you're so cute!" You chuckle shyly.
"I'm not cute, I'm a badass!" He changes his pose, straightening his back and shoulders, so he could look manly and tough.
"Ok, you might be a badass, but you're cute, especially when you're nervous." You chuckle a bit, realizing Dean's cheeks are blushing slightly. As soon as you notice that, you starts feeling yourself blush a bit too. "Do you want to know a secret?" You whisper, getting closer to him.
"Hm hm." He nods.
"I'm nervous too." You step back, biting your lip. And he smiles at you, looking so much more at ease. "So, shall we go?" You ask, a big smile on your face now.
"Yeah, let's go." He smiles back as you leave the house.

You've been in the fair for about an hour now. Dean is still acting a little bit nervous, but he looks much freer now. He has been playing (and winning!) some games. Some of them are giving plushies as prizes. Dean has already collected two plushies, two cute little teddy bears.
"Dean! Oh my god! Another one? Are you trying to impress me?" You say excitedly, chuckling a bit.
"That depends. Is it working?" He replies smiling down at you, with a hopeful look on his face.
At first you stay there, not knowing what to say. He didn't have to impress you, you love him already, but he doesn't know that. "What do you think? Of course it is." You almost whisper, and start blushing, which makes you look down, holding on tight to the teddy bears.
Suddenly, Dean pulls your chin up, making you look at him. "I'm glad it's working." He whispers back. He places a sweet short kiss on your forehead, making your heart skip a beat. Then, he entwines his hand with yours as you start walking again.
Nothing can ever compare to the feeling of him walking hand in hand with you, or kissing you... Just the simple fact of having him by your side.
After five minutes of walking around the fair, you notice the Ferris wheel.
"Dean, oh my god, look! It's the Ferris wheel! Please let's go on a ride, please, please!" You beg him, pouting like a little child.
"(Y/N)... I don't know... I'm not a fan of heights." He confesses shyly, as he scratches the back of his neck.
"Oh... okay, that's fine, don't worry. I'll go another time." You smile at him. You push your sadness away, you never rode on a Ferris wheel and you always wanted to, especially if it was with him. But you didn't know he was scared of heights and there is no way you're going to force him to go on the Ferris wheel with you.
"You know what? It's time to face my fears. I'll go with you." Dean says, looking pretty confident.
"Dean, are you sure? I don't want you to have a panic atta-" You can't help but be worried about him, but he cuts you off.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Plus, I'll be with you." He gives you a sweet smile. And you smile back.
You got the tickets to the ride. Then, you and Dean finally got on the Ferris wheel. As soon as it starts to ride, Dean takes hold of your hand, holding on to it tightly. You look at your hands and smile widely.
"Dean, I'm here, it's going to be okay." You whisper in his ear, and kiss his cheek lightly.
He nods, his lips forming a thin line as his grip tightens.
As you pass by the highest point, you can feel how nervous he is. You sneak your arms around his waist, pulling him close, and he puts his arm around your shoulder and the other one resting along your arm. You rest your head on his chest, you can feel his irregular breathing.
"Hey. Take slow deep breaths. I'm here. It's okay. We're okay." You mumble, now making him look at you.
"Ahhh, I can't. I'm panicking. We're going to die." He says, showing his irregular breathing and nervousness even more.
"Shhh, calm down, I'm here. And we're not going to die. Not today." You whisper, hugging him, trying to calm him down.
"Talk to me, distract me." He begs. But he doesn't even let you start talking. "No, forget it, I should do the talking." He stutters and you nod. "Okay. I... If we actually die, I want you to know I'm crazy about you. I can't stop thinking about you. You're beautiful and I'd do anything to make you happy if you let me. You deserve so much more than me and what I can give you... But I can't help but love you." He confesses, his eyes never leaving yours, as you try to react, to think, to anything... You can't believe what you just heard. He loves you. "Yeah, that's it. I love you, (Y/N)."
You can't bring yourself to say anything, your heart is beating faster than it ever beat, so you can only do one thing. Kiss him. You grab his face softly and place a kiss on his lips, tugging on his bottom lip lightly, then you pull back as you stare at each other's eyes. You can swear Dean has even forgot he was on a Ferris wheel.
"I love you too, you big dork teddy bear." You say, blushing. He smiles, then puts his arms around you, pulling you close and he kisses you again. This time even more passionately. When you pull back, you're almost on the end of the ride.
"How's that for a distraction?" You chuckle.
"Pretty good. I need more of that." He laughs, enveloping you in his arms once again, leaving your face against his neck.
"We can always go on another ride..." You tease him, then laughing at his reaction.
"No, no ride. You can distract me anywhere, anytime, but here." He chuckles a bit, but you know he's being really serious.
"Ok, boss." You laugh, placing a sweet kiss on his neck.
"Baby, don't do that. Not here." He smiles. He called you baby, he's adorable.
"Wow, did I find a soft spot already?" You ask teasingly as you place another kiss on that same spot.
"Gaaah, stop it, don't tease me!" He whispers, frustrated.
"I'm not! See!" You say, putting your hands in the air, trying to look serious, but your burst laughing.
"It's not funny, (Y/N). It's not funny." He says, smiling widely, looking down at you, neither of you saying anything. "So, will you be my girl?" He asks out of nowhere, blushing a bit.
"I was always your girl. Not your girl girl, but your girl. But now I'm your girl girl, which is awesome." You stutter making Dean laugh. "Ahhh, you understood perfectly what I meant!" You pout.
"Yeah, I did. Now you're my girl girl, not just my girl. And I think it's awesome too." He grins, placing a kiss on your lips.
This is by far the best date you ever had. And you finally got your man. All it took was a Ferris wheel... and a panic attack.