Special Chapter - Emperor; Bud

This is a special chapter and can be read separately without reading the whole 'Love In The Palace'. This special chapter reveals about Emperor's past.

If you come only to read this special chapter, and turned out to like it, please do read the whole series of Love In The Palace as well! Thank you! :)

As this is the first time I am posting 'Special Chapters', I would post all at one go! Happy reading!

---

"Emperor has passed away!" Everyone dropped to their knees, bowing at His Majesty's direction. Everyone was crying, for their ruler of past few decades had departed from the human world, on his bed, breathing his least breath painfully. All his consorts and concubines, be them young or old, were all heading towards his palace in a hurry after the news had reached their ears. One reason, that was to confirm what they had heard about. Another, was to prepare for possible harsh treatments from the future Empress Dowager.

---

That man was still very young, had just reached adulthood but had already worn an Emperor's crown on his head. He was emotionlessly gazing at the tombstone of his Father Emperor. On it, was written;

Emperor Yon, reigned for twenty years. Passed away at the age of fifty-seven.

Between him and his Father Emperor, the age gap was a big forty years, and that made him feel nothing towards Emperor Yon. Maybe he would feel a little tint of sadness, but in actual fact, he never cried, honestly.

"My Son Shiv, your coronation will begin soon." He recognised that voice very well, for that was the voice of his Mother Empress, Empress Oku, who was already widowed at the age of thirty-seven. However, she was considered to be of the best luck, for many other young concubines who bore her husband no child would have to pray everyday at the late Emperor's tomb, unlike her who would become the ruler of the harem, only at the age of thirty-seven, a considerably young age.

"I understand." He turned around on his feet, finding the sight of so many people, all in their white outfit kneeling, sobbing, weeping. For once, he thought it was winter. Then, he remembered that it was not even close to winter at all. It was spring.

---

Author's POV:

"Greetings, Your Majesty."

"Eh, my beloved Consort, quick stand up! You know you are pregnant. There is no need for any formalities." In a hurry, he left the piles of documents lying on his study table to help his pregnant wife up. Her belly has become bigger and more obvious. Everyone knew that she would deliver their child soon. The two of them were hoping for a son, while many others were dreading that it would be a son. Of course, there would be uncountable number of people who would want the child dead, son or not.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Consort Para smiled, receiving the hand of the Emperor and painstakingly pushed the weight of her body up. Her insecurities about her body was all gone when she remembered how happy the Emperor was whenever he looked at her stomach.

"What makes you come here today?" He held her hands and helped her to sit near the windows, where the sunlight shone most, where the breeze blew most and where the air was freshest.

"I have a request to make, I hope Your Majesty will agree to it."

"What? Just say it. Whatever you wish for, I will grant it."

"My older sister, General Wane's wife, has just passed away of an illness. Their only daughter, Magnolia Wane is just sixteen years old. General Wane himself is at the battlefield, he is unable to take care of Magnolia. So, I wish to take care of her. I wonder if Your Majesty would allow her to enter the palace and live with me."