Special Chapter - Emperor; Wither

This is a special chapter and can be read separately without reading the whole 'Love In The Palace'. This special chapter reveals about Emperor's past.

If you come only to read this special chapter, and turned out to like it, please do read the whole series of Love In The Palace as well! Thank you! :)

---

"Impossible! My father will never commit treason!"

"Yes. This is not possible. General Wane has always been an honest and loyal person. He would rather die than perform treasonous act!" Consort Para's face turned pale and she was sweating profusely. Panic was clearly present on her face as she wiped the sweat off.

"Who mentioned this matter in Court?" Consort Para's voice carried urgency, her fingers were trembling and her eyelids kept blinking uncontrollably. Her servant could notice how her lips were shivering slightly as she spoke.

"It...it was General Shine, who sent the message from the battlefield."

Upon the mention of the name Shine, Consort Para gasped, her voice hoarse. Her trembling hands groped around the wooden table for support, then accidentally hit her cup of tea, which fell onto the floors and shattered into pieces. Everyone in the room was startled by the loud sound of glass breaking. Magnolia hastily turned around and looked at the shattered pieces of white and blue porcelain cup. Mustered up enough courage, Magnolia lifted her head as she trembled with fear. She opened her eyelids, and found her Aunt, who in return looked at her with face paler than those that had seen ghosts. Her eyes were filled with fear, and she shook her head slowly.

Then, Magnolia understood what her Aunt had meant. There was no more hope, for the Shines had made their moves. She fell on her knees, tears flowing from her lids profusely, like two waterfall carved deeply onto her face, that never stopped flowing. She pressed her hands against the floor, trying her best to support her body from collapsing. When she lifted her right arm, she saw blood trickling down her arms, staining her sleeves. She cried even harder, not because of the pain on her hand, but due to her father.

---

Author's POV:

"Your Majesty! This problem is urgent! Your Majesty must hand down a decree to execute the whole Wane family immediately!"

"Yes, Your Majesty! General Wane turned against us and went to support the North! This is treason! Your Majesty need to hand down a decree to catch General Wane and execute him together with his entire family!"

"Your Majesty! This matter cannot be delayed any further!"

"Your Majesty!"

"Your Majesty! The country is currently in a mess! Your Majesty!"

"Please think of the well-being of the Empire, Your Majesty!"

Their voices seemed to imaginarily leave echoes in his mind. They continuously repeated, triggering headaches that seemed to come in waves. He closed his eyes, trying his best to calm his emotions.

General Wane committed treason, which was the greatest crime, worthy of the death of entire family. He knew he had to make decisions sooner or later. Capturing General Wane and executing him after torture was just a small matter to him.

But it was different with the criminal's daughter, Magnolia Wane.

It was the first time he felt this way towards a woman, a woman he could never have. Her beauty could not beat Consort Shine's, he knew. But there seemed to be a magic working between them the first time they met. He could not forget that time. That time was summer, but it felt like spring.