CHAPTER THREE

I actually wrote most of this chapter before Harry's tweet about equal rights, so that's a bit strange and a coincidence. I love that boy so much though.

We walked into the art room where immediately all eyes fell on me. Most of these people aren't in my Maths class so they wouldn't know who I am. Well actually not all pairs of eyes were on me. I spotted Zayn. He was in the far right corner off the room, his eyes focused on the paper he was currently drawing on. He didn't look up at any sound or movement, just concentrated on his work and still wearing his ray bands. 

"Ah Mr Tomlinson, Mr Horan it is good to see you." An older mid aged man with long hair came and greeted Niall and Louis. 

"Hey Mr Chapman." Niall said.

"Mr Chapman calls us by our last names. He is a bit strange and out there but what else would you expect from an art teacher." Louis whispered to me. I chuckled and caught Mr Chapman’s attention.

"And who might you be?" He asked with a smile. 

"This is Liam Payne. Newby." Louis told him. 

"I see, I see. Well it is a pleasure to have you in our class." He said to me. I smiled with a nod. "You three stay here." He told us. We were standing directly in front of the class, right in the centre of the room. "Everyone hush now." Mr Chapman spoke to the class. It took two minutes but eventually the voices in the room died down and it was silent. All eyes were looking at me, Louis or Niall, or Mr Chapman, except Zayn who had not looked up once and continued whatever he may be doing. "We have a new student in our class, please make him feel welcome and he can quickly introduce himself now." He informed everyone. 

Now the spotlight was on me. "Erm hi." I awkwardly greeted. I saw Zayn stop what he was doing and look up for the first time since I've been in the room. Louis swayed his hip into mine indicating for me to continue. "Some of you already know me, but if you don't I'm Liam Payne. Today's my first day and I moved here from Wolverhampton a couple days ago." I ended with a smile, making it extremely short because I was already hating the feeling of being up here and being focused on. Most people smiled back, mainly the girls which I found nice. 

"Okay now that that's over you can continue with your work." Mr Chapman announced and the class went to work. "Mr Tomlinson and Mr Horan, you can both go sit down and continue with your work." Both of them went and sat down at a table that sat two girls. "Mr Payne are you good at art?" He asked me. I shook my head. I was hopeless at art. I don't even know why I'm in this class. "That's alright, I'll get a student to help you." He smiled and looked around the room. "I would get one of your friends to help you but they honestly wouldn't be much help at all." He laughed. I assumed he was talking about Niall and Lou and laughed with him. He continued to look around until he looked back at me with a smile. "Do you know Mr Malik?" He asked, pointing to where Zayn was sitting. He was back to doing his work along with the rest of the class.

"Yes, we met at recess." I knew what was going to happen next.

"Good then. He is the best student in my class. A very talented young man. Just go over there and he will help you." He explained. I didn’t want to argue, so I just nodded my head in reply and hesitantly made my way over to where Zayn was.

After agreeing Mr Chapman went into the room which looked to be the art supply room, so I took longer than I should going to Zayn. I stood about a metre away from him, fidgeting with my hands and debating to myself what I should say. And now the reason I'm nervous isn't because it's Zayn because I would be like this with anyone, it's just being the first one to talk to someone if I’m not comfortable around them yet, isn’t my thing. "Can I help you with something?" That was Zayn's voice. I hadn't even realized he's noticed me standing there. He spoke casually as if I was just someone in his class, which I guess I was but as if I wasn't some new kid.