CHAPTER EIGHT

Louis' POV

 "He would've come but he had plans with Chantelle today." Liam answered Zayn's question. He raised an eyebrow. "Oh uh, Chantelle's his girlfriend." he explained. Zayn nodded, sitting beside Harry on the bed and flicking his forehead. Harry pouted at him and Zayn chuckled. I bit my lip hard, trying not to look at where Harry was. I think Liam noticed.

 "Alright, how about Zayn you come with me and we can do something." Liam blurted out. Zayn cocked his head at him. "And Harry and Lou can do whatever. A group of four is too much for me." He said and I could easily tell he was lying. 

 I starred up at him with wide eyes. "Liam." I growled quietly, so only he could hear me.

 "Just give him a chance." He whispered.

"You don't get it through." I sighed. Because really, he didn't get it. He doesn't know the real reason why I can't stand to be with Harry. He doesn't know what happened before he moved to his school, even Niall doesn't know.

 "Okay." Zayn said, tapping Liam's shoulder. "How about we go out back." Zayn suggested and Liam nodded reticently. He gave me one last smile but all I did was glare at him and they left the room. Why is he doing this? He knew very well that I don't like Harry and that I want to spend as less time with him as possible but he chooses to leave me alone with him and think it's ok. I don't understand why he can't accept it and move on. I don't care if he's friends with Zayn or even Harry for the matter but I shouldn't have to if I don't want to. I've tried to warn Liam that they're not all good guys but being the nice guy he is, he chooses to see the best in people.

Liam and I's friendship is actually very strange. We argue constantly because we have completely different aspects. He is the more sensible, smart one and can be very strict, while I'm the complete opposite. I like to have fun, do silly things that I should get in trouble for but I get away with and not care about what anyone thinks of me. But I think the two personalities work well together in a way because we both level each other out. I help him loosen up, while he helps me be a bit less reckless when I need to be.  "Are you going to talk to me or just going to stand there?" Harry asked, lying down watching me from the bed.

"I don't have anything to say to you." I replied.

"Oh come on Louis." He pleaded, sitting up. "You can't just hate me for the rest of your life." He stated. 

"Watch me." I hissed back. He sighed, obviously annoyed at the way I was acting, but I didn’t care. 

"He looked down at his hands when he spoke. “Do you know how hard it's been for me?" He paused but I didn't say anything and he continued. "Pretending to not know who you are. Pretending that we've never spoken to each other before. Pretending, when it comes to anything about you. It's hard Louis." He looked at me with those big emerald eyes I have forced myself not to be sucked in by. "Do you honestly not wish that things turned out differently?" He asked.

I chuckled darkly. "Of course I fucking wish things turned out differently! Do you honestly believe I wanted it to happen that way?" I asked irritated. 

"Well you could at least try to talk to me like we used to. I'm trying, I really am." He mumbled.

"Can you blame me Harry? Can you?" I raised my voice, throwing my hands in the air in frustration. He flinched back but stayed seated. "I've tried to get over it, I have but whenever I think I finally don't care about it, the pictures pop up in my mind again, each time making me feel worse." Tears threatened to fall but I held them back.

"I'm sorry Lou, I am. But I miss you." He stood up then, walking towards me but I stepped back and he stopped in place, a couple steps in front of me. "What can I do to change things?" He asked.