CHAPTER TWELVE

Harry's POV

After Louis finally had somewhat of a normal conversation with me, I feel as though that maybe behind the hate he feels for me, he still loves me the way he used to months ago. I understand that at first he didn't try to talk to me for reasons I hoped he would, and that he just needed some help with things but he may not admit it to himself now but I know he wanted to talk to me....he did. Didn't he? The only thing I can think of to help my chances of getting him back is to do the one and only thing he's asked me to do, talk some sense into Zayn.

I'm not completely clueless all the time; I know that Zayn feels something towards Liam. It may not be as strong feelings as Liam feels towards him, but there is definitely something. I didn't bother going back to class, I honestly couldn't give a fuck about History right now. Instead I wait for school to end and for Zayn to hurry up so we can get out of here.

The bell chimes and I wait impatiently for Zayn. I'm bored out of my mind. I have no idea what I'm going to say to him yet but, I never really know what to say, I just go with the flow of things and see where it takes me. Not normally a good choice but I can't think of anything better. I've been waiting at our lockers for Zayn for 5 minutes now and he still hasn't shown and now there is hardly anyone in the hallways. He always takes him time coming out of Art and I get it, it's his passion and all but he can do whatever he's doing at home too, he doesn't have to be at school for it.

A familiar voice brings me out of my thoughts. I look up to spot Louis walking down the hall with Niall by his side and Liam slugging behind him. Niall doesn't seem as heartbroken as what Lou made him out to be. He was smiling and saying something in Louis' ear, causing Louis to smile and laugh. Louis' smile is so captivating to me, especially when it reaches his eyes the way it does. I felt a pinch of jealousy inside my stomach knowing that I can't make him smile like that anymore. I pushed my feelings back as they walked closer towards where I was standing.

I waited for Louis to say something to me, anything really or just smile at me, so then I know to him I might actually mean something, but the hope of him caring dissolved, when he walked straight past me. It was as if he didn't even notice me standing there, he just continued to talk to Niall looking straight ahead without even a glance in my direction. The smile I had previously been wearing left my face and I sadly sighed looking down at my hands.

"Are you alright?" A voice startled me. Liam looked slightly down at me, his eyebrows furrowed. As selfish as it sounds I wanted it to be Louis. I gave him a grin and composed myself. I'm good at pretending. When it's all you do at school, you get good at it and you end up doing it without even trying.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied. Liam nodded his head slowly. I could tell he didn't believe me but I wasn't going to tell him the truth. "I'm just waiting for Zayn actually. He takes way to long to get out of that art class, that's for sure." I tried to joke but then realization hit me, when I saw pain and sadness flash through Liam's eyes. I chose not to apologize or comment any further, knowing Liam doesn't exactly know that I know about his feelings towards Zayn and I really don't want to be getting Louis into any trouble with him.

"Yeah even in class he is so focused on his art that it's like he doesn't even notice your there." Liam chuckled sadly. He attempted to put on a smile, like I had just done but I could see right through him. I wanted to hug him and tell him that it'll be alright and Zayn will come to his senses soon enough but I knew I couldn't. Seeing Liam look so sad but try to act like his happy, makes me need to talk to Zayn about this whole situation more and make sure he finally opens up to me.

Zayn is the type who keeps everything to himself. Sometimes he doesn't even tell me what's going on but he's always been like that, nothings changed. "Yeah." I said after a moment of silence. I turned and my eyes caught with Louis' as he starred at us but he quickly looked away. I sighed again and looked at Liam who was giving me a knowing look. An actual smile played on his lips and I could tell he was trying not to grin. "What?"