CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

This chapter was all @autumnstars ! Basically I just told her what I want to happn in this hapter and she wrote it, and did it better then what I couldv'e written!  I swear I should just collaborate this story with her because she always helps me with ideas and writes a few chapters! I love this chapter and I hope you all do to :)

Louis' POV

Mine and Harry's date had been moved to Sunday, because of something Harry had to do with his mum, and the extra day had done nothing but cause more anxiety for me. I was panicking - pacing back and forth in my room, nervously straightening my clothes and fixing my hair. It had been so long since Harry and I had gone out on a real date, and to say I was freaking out was an understatement. I wanted this to be perfect, I wanted me to be perfect.

My Mum called me downstairs about fifteen minutes before Harry was due to show up. I jumped at the sound of her voice calling me from the kitchen, and made my way down on shaking legs.

"Yeah Mum?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe that led to the kitchen.

"When do you think you'll be home tonight?" she asked me. She was preparing some sort of meat for dinner, and it already smelled amazing. I love my mum, but there are only a few dishes she can cook really well, and this is one of them. Everything else usually turns up burnt or something.

"Not too late," I told her. "We do have school tomorrow."

She smiled at me over her shoulder. "Good, I was just checking." She pulled a knife from the knife block and I took that as my cue to leave.

I wandered into the living room, fiddling with the buttons on my blue button-up as I went. I checked my hair in the reflection of the TV, pushing a few hairs back into the purposely messy arrangement. The clock above the mantel ticked loudly, inching closer to two o'clock and making my heart race.

Four heavy knocks on the door nearly sent me into heart attack mode. I jumped, and bit my tongue so hard I yelped.

"Lou, Harry's here!" Mum yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "I know!" I rolled my tongue in my mouth a bit, trying to get rid of the taste of blood, and made my way to the front door on wobbly knees. I pulled the door open, and felt nearly every breath in my lungs disappear.

Harry was standing in front of me, looking as amazing as he always did. His t-shirt dipped low and showcased his glorious collarbones, and the skinny jeans on his legs left nothing to my already wild imagination. His hair was almost golden from the way the sunlight was hitting it, and his sparkling eyes made me forget how to basic things - like talk.

"Hi?" he said slowly, giving me an odd look.

I blinked. "Hi..." I managed. The word felt weird on my injured tongue.

"You okay?" He was smirking at me, as if he knew how distracting he was.

I blinked again. "Yeah, fine." I grinned and stood aside so he could come in. "Perfect."

"Good." Harry leaned down and kissed me, one of his hands sliding around my lower back and pulling me closer.

I smiled against him and then pulled back. "Mum wants to say hi, then we can go."

He nodded. "Alright." We went into the kitchen, where my mum was still chopping up some vegetables. She said hello to Harry, then mentioned something about some ridiculous curfew, and then we were making our way out the door again.

He held the door to his car open for me, and I rolled my eyes at the chivalrous gesture. He really was trying to win me back. I just hoped he would realize soon that I loved him as much as always, and there wasn't much he needed to do to make me his. Sure, he had seriously hurt me in the past, but he seemed more willing to change. I was ready to forgive him.