CHAPTER NINE

Liam's POV

I sighed walking to my locker alone again for the third day in a row. Throwing my bag in my locker I got my phone out and threw a text to Louis. Both he and Niall haven't been here all week. It didn't look like today was going to be any different. I know why Niall hasn't been at school. He was sick in bed with food poisoning from the weekend. Louis on the other hand continues not to give me a straight answer about why he hasn't been coming to school. He said he was sick but I knew he wasn't being honest because I went over to his house after school on Monday to find him pigging out on the couch in his boxers. Let's just say he was pretty surprised to see me but still chose not to tell me what's going on. I've been texting him but he hasn't been replying.

The bell rang for first two; I sent Niall a text to get better and another one to Lou, hoping he'd actually reply. I took my sketchbook and headed to Art. When it comes to getting to class, everyone is pretty quick. Most of the class were already in their usual spots. Normally I sat with Lou, Niall and the girls but considering that they're not here today I thought I'd sit somewhere new and get away from the girl talk that they always have.

Zayn always sat by himself in Art and today was no different. I smiled, seeing he had his hair the same way he did on Saturday. I was sceptical whether I should ask to sit with him but he seemed like the best option. He never spoke to people much without Harry. He always was drawing. I sat my books next to him on the desk. Zayn looked up and seemed a bit surprised to see me standing there. I gave him a sheepish smile. "You mind if I sit here today?" I asked. He bit his lip but shook his head.

"No, it's fine." He replied. I smiled and sat down beside him. I took out my assignment and started to put the final touches onto it. I wasn't a very good drawer but this one was okay, I guess. The meaning to it makes it seem better than it looks though so hopefully with the attached background information I can get some extra marks that will make up for my lousy drawing.

Time went by quickly, we were into the second period of Art and I was still finishing my picture. It was nearly finished but it was just missing something and I don't know what. I stared at the paper, hoping something will come to me but nothing did. "Zayn, I need help." I sulked.

He chuckled but scooted his chair closer to me, looking over my shoulder, observing my work. I felt a bit insecure because he is such an amazing artist and I can't do art for crap. "What do you need help with?" He asked.

"There's just something missing, I don't know what." He nodded and moved his things beside and sliding mine towards him.

"I'll try help you with that." He muttered, already beginning to shade bits and pieces. "I like this, what was your inspiration?"

You. "I'm not sure really. I just think that some people are different to what they either make out to be or how people see them. People may see someone as mean or bad but in reality they are the same in small ways. They just hide behind an image but some people are lucky enough to know how they really are, though everyone else sees differently. Everyone is equal; you just have to look closely." I explained.

It fell silent after that. I could have come up with a better explanation. Why did I choose to draw about him anyway, he's just like every other person out there. What makes him so special?

Maybe it's the fact that I always feel safe around him, as if he is continuously protecting me. Or maybe it's because he can always make me smile. If he smiles, I can't help but smile because it makes me happy when he does. Or it could be because I feel nervous around him sometimes and I feel like my heart is pumping faster than usual and I get jittery in my stomach thinking about him. He treats me differently from others. He treats me as if I'm special and as if he cares for me. He can make me laugh but we can have serious conversations, though we haven't had many I know I could talk to him about things. And I simply love his company. Which can only come to one conclusion as to what makes him so special. I have feelings for Zayn Malik. I've felt them for a while, sine the first day I met him really and that is why whenever spending time with him was an option, I would always take it. The thought of hating him would've only been an emotional reflex to try and put away these feelings because I've never liked a guy before and I've never liked anyone like Zayn.