emergency

the pain in your side increases as you try to get out of your boyfriend calums hold to use the bathroom. you've been hiding this pain from him for weeks figuring it was just a cramp that'd work it's way out sooner or later. the pain however had kept you up all night thankfully not waking the sleeping figure next to you. trying one last time to get out of his strong hold you shove his hand off and try to sit up in the bed. as soon as your body starts to move a sharp pain shoots through your entire body causing you to let out a ear piercing scream. calum shoots up out of bed and looks over to see you holding your side sobbing.

"babe baby what's wrong talk to me please"

not able to form any words in between sobs you reach out and clench his hand trying to calm down. slowly and carefully he gets out of bed and walks over to your side crouching in front of you.

"baby please i can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong"

the look in his eyes is one you'd hopped you'd never had to see. his eyes are bloodshot and full of nothing but worry and fear.

"it hurts" is all you manage to say before you start to cry again.
"what hurts babe show me"

without a second thought you point to your side and clench your eyes. knowing the risks of having an untreated side pain he quickly calls an ambulance not wanting to cause you harm by trying to move you. as soon as the call ends he climbs back into bed with you letting you cry into his neck.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《

quiet snores were heard as you slowly begin to regain consciousness . after various tests and conversations with numerous doctors you found out that you had an appendicitis and went into immediate surgery. finally glancing around the room you matched a face with the quite snores and it was a face you were happy to see. calum sat right next you to fingers intertwined with your own.

the slight frown in his face proves that he'd been sleeping there for sometime and still is uncomfortable. tugging on the firm grip he has on your hand you shake his arm hoping to wake him up.
he breaks out in a sleepy smile when he looks up to see you awake and ok.

"are you feeling better babe" he whispers brushing your messy hair out of your face and cupping your cheek.

"yeah just really sore"

the doctor comes in a few minutes later and let's you both know everything came back okay and you're free to fulfill the recovery process at home.
"come on let's get you home" calum smiles down at you helping you out of bed and into the wheel chair.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

hours later after you were both home and you were settled in bed nurse calum finally got a break as the two of you got ready for a much needed sleep.

"you really scared me today y/n i don't like seeing you get a paper cut let alone a surgery"
he pouted holding your face inch away from his. planting a small yet meaningful kiss on his lips you smiled.

"thank you for taking care of me cal i don't know how i got so lucky"

" you're the best thing to ever happen to me y/n ill take care of you and protect you till the end"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

woah that was sappy sorry about that. anyway i hope you guys enjoyed the seconds imagine in this series! this edit was inspired by @/ 5sossimilar 's edit on instagram (picture above) check out their account for more realistic edits like this!! thanks for reading and sorry about the lower case capital letters annoy me.