birthday boy

you could feel the excitement bubble up inside you as you picked up the final piece of calums birthday surprise. out of all the years you and calum had been together this was the first year his birthday party was solely  your responsibility. every other year you had the boys or his family to help plan his birthday but this year it was all you, not that you minded it made things feel more special for you, but with everyone's schedules so different this years it was difficult. specially since calum a family couldn't get a flight from aus to come visit him for his special day.
         placing the cake safely in the passengers seat of your car you drove home to finish setting up the party you had planned at yours and calums shared home. streamers were strung from the ceiling and balloons littered the living room floor when you walked in the front door. you had been stalking up on supplies for atleast a month and hiding  them carefully in the garage out of calums sight. normally on his birthday you'd make him breakfast in the morning you'd cuddle a little longer in bed then normal and then you'd both go on with your daily routines. once the day was over you'd both come home change and head to where his birthday party was being held and let loose, whether that mean let loose with family, or alcohol depending on who was in charge of the party.
        with you in charge this year you wanted it to be something special and memorable for calum since his 21st birthday last year was pretty much a blur for everyone involved. deciding on a small quaint party with his closest friends and arranging and family dinner the following week seemed like the best compromise to give calum both things he loves his family and his friends.
      placing the cake on the table you finish getting out all the alcohol and snacks you'd bought earlier that day you could finally relax. after continuous warm welcomes to your friends everyone was patiently waiting for calum to come home with his three best friends to be met with all their birthday wishes.
       ten minutes after the last guest arrived calum and the three boys came waltzing into your shared home when a chorus of "happy birthdays" erupted from your living room. the smile on calums face was priceless as he took in all his friends that had showed up. making his way over to each one and saying hello he was finally  met with his beautiful girlfriend standing in the middle of the living room  with the biggest smile on her face. wrapping his arms around you body he picked  your feet up off the ground and whispered continuous "thank you baby"'s into your ear. after breaking away you both went on to continue to mingle with all the guest.
       after singing happy birthday to your boy and handing out all the cake you all just sat around in the living room talking and laughing and playing numerous rounds of flip cup and beer pong. around 12:30-1:00 in the morning everyone had finally left and you can calum made your way up to bed.
     "happy birthday my boy" you whispered cuddled into calum neck as you to laid close in bed. "thank you for today babe seriously one of the best birthdays I've had in awhile" he smiled closing his tired eyes and getting comfortable in bed. you had to agree with his statement. for the first time in a while you and calum both crawled into bed sober after one of his birthday parties. wrapping your arms and legs around each other you shared one last kiss before falling asleep both anxious for you flight within the next few days to redo his birthday again in aus with his family.

was this good ? nobody ever tells me if I'm doing good or not  with this imagine thing? Also I wrote this before I went to sleep last night and I'm finishing t at 4am so lay on if there's spelling mistakes ok ok ily bye