Drinks

"Why'd he have to show up tonight?" Gerard whined, putting his face in his hands. He'd been returning to the bar to deliver another set of drinks when he'd noticed the short, tattooed man come through the door and confidently make his way to the front row of tables.

"What's wrong?" Ray asked, confused by Gerard's reaction.

"That's the guy, the one who paid really well and was actually really nice..." Gerard replied, turning around so maybe Frank wouldn't recognize him--though his bright red hair would be a dead giveaway.

"Oh, that sucks balls, man," Ray said softly, loading up Gerard's tray with more drinks to deliver.

"I'm feeling better than I was at the beginning of my shift, maybe I'll be up for a little messing around later," Gerard replied, brushing off his frustration and anxiousness before heading out in the crowd of people.

"You had the scotch, right, sugar?" he asked sweetly, smiling demurely and batting his eyelashes at the customer whose drink order he'd completely forgotten.

"That's right, baby," the man replied, an arrogant little smirk playing about his lips. Gerard placed the drink down and the table and apologized for his forgetfulness, the man smacking his ass and obnoxiously laughing and pointing it out to his friends who surrounded the table. This led to every member of the group groping him or smacking his ass, the stripper barely restraining himself from splashing drinks in their faces. He quickly distributed their drinks before scurrying away, ducking his head when he noticed Frank out of the corner of his eye.

"How can you just let those guys objectify you like that?" Ray asked when he returned to the bar, a small frown on his face and a concerned wrinkle in his brow.

"It's my job," Gerard replied nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm just a sex object here, Ray. It doesn't bother me much as long as they're not too touchy-feely for free." He didn't let on how much it really bothered him that all these men only saw him as a sex toy, something without feelings that they could use however they wanted.

"Alright, as long as you're fine with it," Ray said finally, not sounding convinced. He gave Gerard more drinks to deliver, looking very apologetic when he realised the redhead would be delivering to Frank.

"I was hoping you were working tonight," the tattooed man said with a mildly arrogant smile, looking the stripper up and down appraisingly.

"Working, but not performing," Gerard replied softly, perching on the arm of the plush chair opposite of where Frank was seated.

"Oh, why? Pull a muscle or something?" Frank asked concernedly, surprising Gerard with an actual conversation instead of some perverse remark.

"I wasn't feeling well earlier, so Pete is letting me have a break for tonight... I'm still up for it if you'd like to meet up after we close," Gerard replied with a wink, shifting the topic away from himself and back to sex--something he was much more comfortable talking about.

"I'd very much enjoy that," Frank replied, a small smirk on his lips. "Same place as last time, alright? Call me if you can get off early." He handed the redhead a thin business card, smiling and winking before heading out of the club.

Gerard tucked the small piece of cardstock into his corset, the prospect of getting to have another night of amazing sex--for money!--with Frank lightening his mood.

"You're going home with the guy, aren't you?" Ray sighed when Gerard returned, disapprovingly shaking his head as he mixed drinks for the other customers.

"Technically not home, he prefers the Hampton. But, yes, I'm going to make a little extra tonight," Gerard replied, excitement and arousal coursing through his veins.

"You weren't even planning on coming in to work in the first place and now you're going to work extra? I'm not sure it's a good idea, G," Ray said honestly, frowning lightly at his best friend.

"I'll be fine, Ray. I'm feeling much better," Gerard replied, genuinely smiling to reassure the bartender.

"Alright, you know yourself best," Ray sighed finally, giving Gerard more drinks to deliver.

"I really am fine, Ray. This is just my job," Gerard said when he returned, wishing Ray's frown would go away.

"He's got tattoos, doesn't he?" Ray said with an amused smile, shaking his head endearingly. "That's why you like him so much."

"I'm not that shallow, Ray," Gerard huffed, grinning at the afro'd man across the bar. "He pays well and he's good in bed... Alright, he has really nice tattoos, too."

"Just go do your job," Ray chuckled, lightly pushing his shoulder. Gerard sighed and returned to the throng of people surrounding the stage, wishing his shift could be over now instead of in a few hours.

------

"Hey, G..." Ray said softly, following Gerard backstage into his dressing room.

"What is it?" Gerard replied distractedly, his expert fingers gradually untying and loosening his corset.

"Are you okay?" Ray asked gently, knowing how the redhead could get testy when people pried too much into his inner thoughts and feelings.

"I'm fine, Ray. Why wouldn't I be?" Gerard sighed, looking around for his clothes. "Can you hand me my shirt? ...and have you seen my jeans?" Ray tossed him the snug, black shirt, Gerard catching it with one hand and continuing to look for his jeans. The redhead bent over the plush lounge chair, rifling around behind it.

"Look, G. I'll give you money if you need it that badly, but please don't do anything you'll regret just to make a few bucks," Ray stressed, Gerard's expression softening when he stood back to his feet, black skinny jeans in hand.

"It's not just a few bucks, Ray... And I won't regret it, okay?" Gerard said softly, kicking off his heels before shimmying into the skin-tight jeans. "I don't need your money..."

"I didn't mean it like that," Ray sighed, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"I know, Ray... I understand your concern, but you don't need to worry," Gerard replied, smiling reassuringly. "I don't do anything I don't want to do."

"Alright, I won't worry then," Ray said, returning the smile.

"Good, now go home. I'm sure you've got something better to do than spend your night worrying about a whore like me," Gerard said finally, nudging his shoulder before pulling on his shirt. "Besides, you're gonna make me late."

"You're not a whore, G..." Ray said softly, a small frown quirking the corners of his lips.

"Yes, I am. What else would you call someone who dances mostly naked and fucks strangers for money?" Gerard sighed, a small, sad smile on his face.

"That doesn't make you a whore," Ray contradicted, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"No, what makes me a whore is I enjoy it..." Gerard mumbled, casting his eyes to the floor. "Just go home, Ray. I'll be fine closing up by myself; I did it all last week."

"Alright, I'll go. See you tomorrow, G," Ray said finally, giving a small wave when he reached the dressing room door.

"Bye, Ray," Gerard called, quickly fixing his hair before strutting out of the club, locking the doors behind him.

~~~~~~

I was going to have the next part and this part in one chapter, but I realized it would be like SUPER long, so I decided to split it up into two... I'll probably have the next part up sometime tomorrow

Thanks for reading!

-Bren

*don't worry, there will be a lot of smut next chapter ;)