Partners

Thank you for all of the support & kind words you guys really are the sweetest people & I love you

~~~~~~

"Are you sure we're ready for this?" Frank asked, nervous excitement making his heart beat faster.

"We don't have to do this now, Frankie... I don't mind waiting," Gerard gently replied, smiling reassuringly.

"N-no, we're doing this," Frank said firmly, feigning confidence.

"Okay, good," Gerard said with a big smile, Frank weakly reciprocating the happy expression. "It's not like it's instantaneous, anyways... It'll be a while before someone picks us."

"God, Gee, I can't believe we're actually doing this," Frank breathed, dropping the packet of adoption forms into the mailbox. He took a deep breath, his shoulders slumping a little.

"Relax, baby... We filled out everything correctly, now we just have to wait," Gerard whispered reassuringly, his head on Frank's shoulder and his warm breath tickling his neck.

"Aren't you worried at all about being a dad?" Frank asked, his nervousness evident in the tiny tremors in his voice.

"Of course I am, Frankie... But no more worried than I am every day that you'll find someone better than me, or that you'll get hurt at work, or even that I didn't do my taxes right and now I'm getting audited by the IRS. I worry about plenty of things, but this is one of the things I'm most confident about," Gerard said softly, pressing a gentle kiss to the back of Frank's neck. "We'll be great parents, Frankie."

"What if I end up just like my father?" Frank sighed, taking a step away from Gerard and dragging a hand down his face.

"You won't, believe me," the redhead said comfortingly, stepping around so he was face to face with Frank.

"How could you possibly know that?" Frank scoffed frustratedly, looking down at the ground and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Because I just won't let you," Gerard simply replied, a cute little giggle in his voice.

"Gee, I'm being serious..." Frank sighed, a hint of a smile curving his lips as he looked up into Gerard's face.

"And so am I. You're not going to be an asshole like your dad was; I know it. Trust me, Frank, people don't always end up like their parents," the redhead confidently replied, using his partner's actual name for emphasis.

"I know that, but--"

"Look at me," Gerard said firmly, Frank briefly glancing at him before looking back down at the ground. "No, really, look at me. My mom is a tall, underweight, neurotic woman with zero patience. My father was a drunk bastard with a potbelly, a full beard, and a horrible temper. Do I sound like either of them?"

"Well, no..." Frank mumbled, chewing his lip as he thought.

"Exactly; I'm nothing like them, Frankie. You're just like your mother: sweet and sentimental and playful and just a wonderful person overall; I don't think there's any room for traits from your dad," Gerard softly replied, tender adoration in his eyes as he looked at his tattooed partner. "You're perfect, Frankie, and you're going to be an amazing father."

"Not as amazing as you'll be," Frank cheekily whispered, Gerard softly giggling at him as he leaned in for a kiss.

"You're perfect, you know," Gerard said as they made their way up the stairs to their apartment, looking back over his shoulder to see Frank's smiling face.