Healing

"Fuck," Gerard groaned as he crawled out of bed early the next morning, carefully untangling himself from Frank before trudging to the bathroom. The small bottle containing his pain medicine sat on the sink, the pale man looking at it for some time before picking it up. He struggled to screw off the cap, the way he had to shift to get a better grip on it sending shooting pain up his sides.

He had just swallowed the pill and was closing the bottle when Frank came up behind him, leaning his head on his shoulder. "You okay?" he asked, pressing a soft kiss to his neck and wrapping his arms around his waist.

"I'm better now that you're here," Gerard cheesily replied, the tattooed man quietly giggling at him.

"How bad does it hurt?" Frank asked a few moments later, slowly swaying them back and forth.

"Pretty fucking bad," Gerard admitted, a hint of a chuckle in his voice. "But it's better than yesterday..."

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, Gee," Frank said softly, a sad smile curving his mouth.

"I'm gonna be alright, don't worry," Gerard replied with a smile, turning around in Frank's arms. He leaned in and lightly pressed their lips together, hardly minding the sting from the split in his lip.

"I love you," Frank whispered, just loving that he could now say those words whenever he wanted.

"I love you, too," Gerard whispered back, a wide smile on his face.

------

"Gee, can you tell me who did this to you?" Frank asked as he waited for the coffee to brew, sitting up on the counter and swinging his legs.

"It's not important, Frankie," Gerard sighed, pushing his messy hair back off his forehead. "I'm not pressing charges, anyways." He grabbed two mugs from the cupboard, setting them on the counter next to the gurgling coffeemaker.

"Why wouldn't you want to press charges?" Frank said confusedly, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"I just want nothing to do with him again... If I get him arrested he might come for me again once he gets released," Gerard replied quietly, anxiety rising in his chest at the thought of Matt coming back for him with enough rage to kill this time.

"Will you at least tell me who it was?" Frank asked gently, a conflicted look coming across Gerard's face. He sighed, biting his lip as he contemplated.

He eventually nodded, looking down at the floor as he spoke. "It was Matt, my old dealer..." he mumbled, tucking his hair behind his ear when it fell in his face.

"Oh," Frank quietly replied, not knowing what else to say. He didn't know what he'd expected to hear, but he was still caught off-guard.

"Don't worry about it, Frankie. He's done with me now," Gerard said reassuringly, trying to lighten the mood.

"What about what he's already done? Don't just let him get away with it," Frank replied, a hard edge to his voice. He already hated the nameless persona of Gerard's past drug dealer and now knowing his name just fueled his anger even more. He had such rage for the person who supplied Gerard's addiction, especially due to the way Matt had taken advantage of his desperation. And now he'd fucking purposely hurt Gerard... Frank seriously wanted to kill him.

"Frankie, just forget it, please," Gerard pleaded, knowing Frank was probably furious right now. "I don't want you going after him or something..."

"He could've killed you, Gee. How can you just let that go?" Frank asked frustratedly, torn between wanting revenge and just wanting to drop it to keep Gerard happy.