Affection

We made it home and I saw an ambulance.

I immediately ran inside, praying that nothing happened to Marciano.

"Mommy," I heard Marciano wail. I look around and spotted him.

"What's wrong? What happened baby?", I asked.

"Somethin' wrong with Stormie," he said. Immediately I saw the ambulance taking Stormie away.

Marciello came up to us.

"What happened?", I asked.

"Nothing. Everything is going according to plan," Marciello whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and watched as the ambulance left.

"C'mon let's go inside," Marciello said. I grabbed Marciano's hand and we walked back inside.

Marciello's phone rang and he went upstairs.

"How was your day, baby?", I asked Marciano.

"It was good mommy. Is Stormie gonna be okay?", he asked worriedly.

"She's going to be alright. You don't need to worry," I said as I ruffled his hair.

"Okay. Can I play with toys. Stormie wouldn't let me," he pouted.

"You can sweetheart. Just let me know if you need anything," I said. We both went up the stairs, parting into different directions.

I went inside Marciello's room and found him half naked, laying on the bed.

"So what is the significance of this plan?", I asked as I laid down in the bed next to him.

"My mom got out of jail. She's in the hospital," Marciello said.

"Why?", I asked.

"She has AIDS," Marciello said bluntly.

"How? Is Stormie aff-

"No Stormie is good. She never slept with my dad. Thank god. My dad gave it to my mom. My mom thought he got it from Stormie and that's why she shot them," he said.

"That's crazy," I said.

"Yeah. I love my mom, but she should have never shot me. Stormie is still mad at my mom, she's off to finish the deed," Marciello said.

"She's going to kill your mom?", I asked shocked.

"Yes. My mom is practically dead anyway. She's had it for so long without knowing, its too late for her. We are putting her out of her misery," Marciello said.

"That's kind of cold. Don't you want to see her before she dies?", I asked.

"I talked to her a few weeks ago. She blames me Belle. She says if I was never born then she would have left my dad and she wouldn't have gotten AIDS. She told me she hates me and she never wants to speak to me again," he said, sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Marciello," I said as I hugged him.

"I'm fine," Marciello said, his voice cracking. I could tell he wasn't. I knew he was deeply hurt from this.

"No your not. It's okay to cry," I said.

"I'm not going to waste my tears on someone who doesn't give a fuck about me," he said.

"I'm sure she does. She's just confused," I said.

"She's doesn't care at all, but that's not what hurts the most. It hurts that I'm losing another parent. After she dies I'll have no one. I'll be all alone," he said.

"I'll be here for you, always," I said as I gave him a kiss.

"Forever?", he asked.

"Of course. It's like I said, 'Not even death will do us apart,' " I said.

Marciello smiled sadly and I hugged him tighter.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said.

Marciello's phone rang, breaking us apart.

"Hello...okay...bye.," he said.

"It's done. She's dead," he said.

What happened next shocked me.

He busted out crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?