If I Die Young

I had gotten out of surgery and everything went smoothly. They had to give me a blood transfusion though, but I was alright.

Marciello came in my room, I noticed he had bandages all over his face.

"I don't want to see you," I told him.

"I'm sorry," he said. The doctor came in and checked on us.

"How is Marciano?", I asked.

"They are trying all they can, but it isn't looking good," the doctor said. I started crying. Not Marciano. He was so innocent and he had so much to live for.

Please don't take him from me Jesus I said in my head.

"There's still a chance, but we will keep you updated," he said as he walked out.

I hated Marciello so much.

"If my son dies, I never want to see you again," I told him. Marciello nodded.

Why does bad stuff always have to happen go us? Why couldn't life be easy?

30 minutes past by and the doctor came back in.

I looked at him hopefully, but his face was grim.

"It's time for you to say your goodbyes," he said. I cried. Why is this happening to me? Please let this be a dream.

I walked into Marciano room and saw him breathing roughly.

"We tried to give him a blood transfusion, but his body kept rejecting it," the doctor said. I walked over to Marciano and grabbed his hands.

"Mommy is that you?", he asked.

''Yes, it's me baby. I'm here for you," I told him crying.

"I'm here for you too,'' Marciello told him as he grabbed his other hand.

"It hurts to breathe mommy, it hurts so bad," Marciano cried.

"I'm sorry Marciano. I should have left, I never should have put you in this situation," I said, sobbing.

If I would have left Marciello, none of this would be happening. It was all my fault.

"Am I going to die, mommy?", he asked, tears running down his face. I heard him take a sharp intake of breathe.

"I love you Marciano, so much more never forget that," I told him. Marciello told him the same.

"I'm scared mommy, I don't want to die," he cried harder. I started crying along with him.

I held his hand and left kisses all over his face.

"I love you so much, my sweet little boy,'' I cried over and over again.

"I love you guys too," Marciano said weakly.

"It hurts mommy, I don't want to go," Marciano cried. I held him tighter, wishing that this wasn't reality.

"I don't want to die mommy, make it stop," Marciano kept crying. All of a sudden his eyes widened and his machine made a long beeping noise. I cried harder, cradling him to me.

"My sweet baby, you didn't deserve this," I sobbed as I held him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R.I.P Marciano.

Don't think I'm heartless,people, I cried while writing this.