Prologue - Welcome Brice

Books in the Folician Chronicles series

Dog Got Your Tongue – Folician Chronicles 1

Homecoming – Folician Chronicles 2

The Temple – Folician Chronicles 3

We have to keep moving forward – Folician Chronicles 4

The Goddess and the Pack Lord – Folician Chronicles 5

The Past is the Future – Folician Chronicles 6

Dawn of Hope – Folician Chronicles 7

A Folician Christmas

The Terran Enclave – Klithian Chronicles 1

A New Balance – Life and Death – Klithian Chronicles 2 (in progress)

Brice comes for an interview

Brice walked into the office section of the large warehouse and had to wonder what they actually did. The advertisement indicated they were looking for some warehouse workers. He had submitted his application for the manual labor work since he badly needed a job. Brice knew that it was hard to get work for someone with his disability and he really was hoping he could get a job. His family needed the income even if it was something barely better than minimum wage. He had a younger sister and an aunt to support.

When Brice walked in he glanced around. The waiting room and reception desk were well designed and very nice. Brice had done his best to dress as best possible to make a good impression. His suit was second hand as was the shirt but they were in excellent condition. When the woman at the front desk looked up and asked what he was there for, he handed over his resume and application. He gave her a tentative smile though he didn't say anything.

Alonia took the paperwork and glanced at it and after a check of her computer she returned the smile, "Please have a seat and you'll be called in shortly." She turned to the computer and entered he was there. Even as she was clicking the keyboard she was using the implant to let both Gloria and Ready know he was there. They did keep detailed computer records but the information came from their implants. She had seen the notice on his appointment he couldn't speak and to send for Gloria as well.

It was only a few moments later when Ready came out, "Mr. Hans if you will come with me please. I am going to be doing the job interview." When the man stood she gave him a quick look and he was an interesting looking male. He was tall and fit but slender and came across as somewhat reticent. Ready had been taught by both the harem and Temple how to evaluate the humans applying for a job to pick the best. What Simon had said about the earlier picks had hit home with the Temples and government. To an extent what was wanted had changed.

Brice stood up and again gave her a tentative smile as he followed her from the office. When they entered the office, the woman indicated a chair to sit in which he did. Since there was a folder with his resume in it on the desk, he settled his bag down next to him.

She glanced at the paperwork before looking at him, "I see you are looking for a job. I also see that in this case you are looking for one in our warehouse as a worker. Can you tell me what you can do to help us?" Ready gave him an expectant look.

Brice lifted his hands and started gesturing to explain what he wanted. He had no idea she didn't have any idea that he was mute, though he could hear he couldn't speak.

Before he could continue Ready held a hand up, "Give me a moment please." *Gloria and Kevin, I need you to tell me why he is using his hands to try and, well I guess, speak. Can you help me?* For whatever reason she either hadn't caught his being mute or what it meant.